PDA

View Full Version : What's your native language ?

PeaFlower
October 23rd, 2017, 01:08 PM
I'm simply curious and want to know what the WCO community is made out of.
I'm pretty sure 99,99% of the answers will be "English", but, oh well, I'm bored anyways.

I wont care if this poll goes into oblivion, I'm just that bored and tired right now.

Momotaro
October 23rd, 2017, 01:09 PM
I'm simply curious and want to know what the WCO community is made out of.
I'm pretty sure 99,99% of the answers will be "English", but, oh well, I'm bored anyways.

I wont care if this poll goes into oblivion, I'm just that bored and tired right now.
Dutch and Gaelic.

Ive forgotten most if it, since i live mostly in Britain, and i practice it very few times.

Mango
October 23rd, 2017, 01:11 PM
English, American English.

BEAR.
October 23rd, 2017, 01:52 PM
english

Role
October 23rd, 2017, 02:02 PM
English, but I wish I knew so much more! I'd like to communicate with different backgrounds as easy as I can speak English.

SuspiciousMindz
October 23rd, 2017, 02:19 PM
tagalog c;

Fawn
October 23rd, 2017, 02:44 PM
english
still need rosetta stone to show me how to speak it though

judas
October 23rd, 2017, 04:38 PM
I remember learning Spanish, but forgot most of it
Mine is Greek, but I've forgotten a lot from living in America and not having much practice

meraki
October 23rd, 2017, 04:41 PM
English but I speak some German too c:

but ive only been practicing for 4 years now so i mean

ShiningFern
October 23rd, 2017, 04:51 PM
Hawaiian.
I was raised learning Hawaiian and American English. I learned Spanish later on.

lio
October 23rd, 2017, 04:57 PM
i'm american and have been raised with english but i am a close-ish-ish decendent of a french family so i am wanting to learn it

Teggy
October 23rd, 2017, 06:53 PM
I've forgotten most of it but I speak both German and Italian. I don't speak it much in my house anymore so I sound like a dufess when I speak xD

Socks
October 23rd, 2017, 07:00 PM
I spoke German when I was really little, I also learned English when I was that age but German was first/what I mostly used, but I have forgotten all of it because American schools only teach in English so I never used it.
I can't speak or read it anymore but I can(usually) understand it if I hear it, it's weird.

PeaFlower
October 24th, 2017, 04:28 AM
Holy molly, I can't believe the number of people who voted. Also, it's cool to see that there are people able to speak other languages on this site, if only a little.

Dutch and Gaelic.

Ive forgotten most if it, since i live mostly in Britain, and i practice it very few times.

Oh, you know a bit of Gaelic ? I mean, I don't know Gaelic at all, but I know some words in another Celtic language.

tagalog c;

Oh, Tagalog ! I remember stumbling upon it years ago and thinking it was pretty. I wont learn it anytime soon I think, since I still have to learn spanish first ...

I remember learning Spanish, but forgot most of it
Mine is Greek, but I've forgotten a lot from living in America and not having much practice

Ugh, Greek ! I forgot to add Greek ! Bad Pea, bad. (Also Italian, now that I think about it. Why do I always forget these two exist ?)
Yeah, it's kinda sad in some cases to forget a language, but hey, english is the way to go now, or so I've been told.

(Sorry, can't reply to everyone right now, I'm kind of in a rush ^^")

oats
October 24th, 2017, 04:50 AM
i'm a native speaker of english (unsurprising) but my mother tongue is yoruba (lesser known, it's a west african language specific to a tribe in nigeria for those who are unaware.) learning suomi n espaƱol in my spare time!!

judas
October 24th, 2017, 06:31 AM
Holy molly, I can't believe the number of people who voted. Also, it's cool to see that there are people able to speak other languages on this site, if only a little.

Oh, you know a bit of Gaelic ? I mean, I don't know Gaelic at all, but I know some words in another Celtic language.

Oh, Tagalog ! I remember stumbling upon it years ago and thinking it was pretty. I wont learn it anytime soon I think, since I still have to learn spanish first ...

Ugh, Greek ! I forgot to add Greek ! Bad Pea, bad. (Also Italian, now that I think about it. Why do I always forget these two exist ?)
Yeah, it's kinda sad in some cases to forget a language, but hey, english is the way to go now, or so I've been told.

(Sorry, can't reply to everyone right now, I'm kind of in a rush ^^")
Yeah, Greek isn't extremely well known haha

PeaFlower
October 24th, 2017, 01:29 PM
English but I speak some German too c:

but ive only been practicing for 4 years now so i mean

Yeah, I see . I learned german for 7 years, and I can't for the life of me hold any meaningful conversation. Though I can ask for water. That's always useful. I think.
(By the way I always get spooked (imnotkidding) by your picture of Keith, I don't know why, but I do.)

Hawaiian.
I was raised learning Hawaiian and American English. I learned Spanish later on.

OOooh, Hawaiian, here's another language I forgot. Then again, there's a limit to the number of answers, I couldn't have put them all in the poll ...

i'm american and have been raised with english but i am a close-ish-ish decendent of a french family so i am wanting to learn it

Haha, good luck with that, french is hella hard, I would know. (Still not as hard as most asian languages, but still ...)
But if you'd like some pointers one day, I'd be happy to help you with your learning ^^

I've forgotten most of it but I speak both German and Italian. I don't speak it much in my house anymore so I sound like a dufess when I speak xD

"German" and "Italian" in the same sentence immediately made me think of Hetalia and I kinda hate myself for it.
But even though you've forgotten it a bit, it's kinda cool to know these many languages. Especially ones that are fairly different from one another.

I spoke German when I was really little, I also learned English when I was that age but German was first/what I mostly used, but I have forgotten all of it because American schools only teach in English so I never used it.
I can't speak or read it anymore but I can(usually) understand it if I hear it, it's weird.

that's a lot of "germans"
American schools only teach english ? That sounds kinda ... sad. I mean I know english is the top language now, but still ...
Oh, and, yeah, I may be saying complete nonsense, but I heard that the recognition of a language was easiest when one would hear it, and if you spoke it early on in life. If you spoke it when you were only little, then I think it's because of that that you can still understand it when you hear it, even though you "forgot" it. It's all about that subconscious. (Why am I so bad at explaining things ?)

(Man that's a long post ...)

Mystery
October 24th, 2017, 01:44 PM
Ooooh.
Im English myself but, like a few other people here, I have been learning German for a few years. And my name originates from old Germany but thats not important.

ShiningFern
October 24th, 2017, 03:01 PM
OOooh, Hawaiian, here's another language I forgot. Then again, there's a limit to the number of answers, I couldn't have put them all in the poll ...

There are lots of different languages, you put most of the main ones in the poll anyway. I think it was fine.

The only part I have trouble with in Hawaiian is remembering some of the words with multiple meanings.