PDA

View Full Version : Cat Problems

FadingEchoes
October 21st, 2017, 06:53 PM
So my sister's cat has been peeing all over her room. Any ideas on how to fix that?

Fireflower
October 21st, 2017, 06:59 PM
lol thats litter-le(haha) my cat its hard to deal with but i think you should try puting something the cat dosnt like if you have purr-fume (hahaha) try that or something else strong smelling.
tell me if it works!

Dust
October 21st, 2017, 07:00 PM
So my sister's cat has been peeing all over her room. Any ideas on how to fix that?

This could indicate a health issue, the best thing to do would be to bring her to the vet. If there ends up being nothing wrong, it could be that the spot the cat is peeing in (or multiple) has not been cleaned well enough thus she would return to the spot. This also could be your cat trying to tell you her litterbox is not clean enough! Cats are very precarious when it comes to their bathroom area, so if the litterbox is not being washed out occasionally (and scooped daily) then it would cause her to start peeing in other places.

FadingEchoes
October 21st, 2017, 07:05 PM
lol thats litter-le(haha) my cat its hard to deal with but i think you should try puting something the cat dosnt like if you have purr-fume (hahaha) try that or something else strong smelling.
tell me if it works!
Alright, I think she's trying a orange spray. I hope it works!
This could indicate a health issue, the best thing to do would be to bring her to the vet. If there ends up being nothing wrong, it could be that the spot the cat is peeing in (or multiple) as not been cleaned well enough thus she would return to the spot.
We just recently took her to the vet so I don't think she's sick. I'll let her know about the cleaning thing though.

Thanks a bunch guys :D

Fireflower
October 21st, 2017, 07:09 PM
this tackit also works with bears and food lol i think it was kiyan peeper

judas
October 21st, 2017, 07:24 PM
Try cleaning the spot as much as possible. Then clean out the box, and put some foresty-leaf like things in. It might also be happening if her cat isn't neutered. {If he/she is, than ignore that} And if there is another cat in the house, get two litter boxes and put them at the opposite end of each other.
My Grandma fosters kittens and these seem to work for her!

FadingEchoes
October 21st, 2017, 07:30 PM
Try cleaning the spot as much as possible. Then clean out the box, and put some foresty-leaf like things in. It might also be happening if her cat isn't neutered. {If he/she is, than ignore that} And if there is another cat in the house, get two litter boxes and put them at the opposite end of each other.
My Grandma fosters kittens and these seem to work for her!
She is spayed. There is another cat in the house(My cat) although their litter boxes are in different ends of the house as the two don't get along. Essie(The problem cat, who one of my charries is named after) is only going to be in my house until my sister moves out. Also we just ran out of cat litter, although we're getting some more tomorrow afternoon.

Role
October 21st, 2017, 11:14 PM
She is spayed. There is another cat in the house(My cat) although their litter boxes are in different ends of the house as the two don't get along. Essie(The problem cat, who one of my charries is named after) is only going to be in my house until my sister moves out. Also we just ran out of cat litter, although we're getting some more tomorrow afternoon.
She may be being territorial. Animals tend to mark their territory through peeing on noticible spots. Clean up those spots as soon as you see them! She will keep coming back and using the bathroom unless she doesnt smell the scent.
Don't use ammonia-based disinfectants! She will keep returning to that area

try playing with the cats before they see each other. This will tire them out and exert their energy
And if that doesnt work... try making a loud noise to distract them when they fight.

What if theyre playing?
Observe the pre-fight body language and warning sounds. Are the ears pinned back? Are the lips curled? Are the pupils round? Are the hackles raised? If two or more of these are shown, then it is most likely aggression. The noises are fairly simple to point out. Growling, screaming, hissing, spitting, etc.
If they show none of these signs, they could be play fighting

(PS: is the other cat spayed/neutered?)

:3 byeee

Dust
October 22nd, 2017, 12:45 AM
She may be being territorial. Animals tend to mark their territory through peeing on noticible spots. Clean up those spots as soon as you see them! She will keep coming back and using the bathroom unless she doesnt smell the scent.
Don't use ammonia-based disinfectants! She will keep returning to that area

A way to help the cats get along is to spray them with a water bottle when they fight. Its kinda like a pavlov effect. They wont fight anymore because they dont want any water being sprayed. If they are weird and like water, try playing with the cats before they see each other. This will tire them out and exert their energy
And if that doesnt work... try making a loud noise to distract them.

What if theyre playing?
Observe the pre-fight body language and warning sounds. Are the ears pinned back? Are the lips curled? Are the pupils round? Are the hackles raised? If two or more of these are shown, then it is most likely aggression. The noises are fairly simple to point out. Growling, screaming, hissing, spitting, etc.
If they show none of these signs, they could be play fighting

(PS: is the other cat spayed/neutered?)

:3 byeee

Ok so I just wanna mention, spraying your cat with water is not a good idea to help manage behavior like that! This will make negative associations in your cat about you or your presence when they are already jacked up. The best thing to do is let them duke it out (unless it gets bloody and vicious, in that case do break it up) but if they continue, just keep them separated to prevent fights. It's entirely possible they haven't been introduced properly.

Role
October 22nd, 2017, 09:57 AM
Ok so I just wanna mention, spraying your cat with water is not a good idea to help manage behavior like that! This will make negative associations in your cat about you or your presence when they are already jacked up. The best thing to do is let them duke it out (unless it gets bloody and vicious, in that case do break it up) but if they continue, just keep them separated to prevent fights. It's entirely possible they haven't been introduced properly.
Ah okay! Im not a cat expert as ive grown up with dogs >w<"
Spraying dogs with water when they do bad is sometimes a good method (worked with my dogs. They love us!) so i figured why not cats?

Rhubarb
October 22nd, 2017, 10:02 AM
Spraying dogs with water when they do bad is sometimes a good method (worked with my dogs. They love us!) so i figured why not cats?
Maybe put small amounts of vinger at the door so the cat will move away from your room?

Dust
October 22nd, 2017, 03:42 PM

Ahhh It's not very good with dogs either ;;

Role
October 22nd, 2017, 03:54 PM
Ahhh It's not very good with dogs either ;;
Arg >-<
Well, it worked anyway
Our dog loves us to death
We only used the water for puppy hood but we stopped since he got used to it and started to play XD