PDA

View Full Version : Substance to Nothing and Forth (semi-literate)

Ruthenselle
November 20th, 2016, 04:13 AM
Substance to Nothing and Forth (SNF)
I could not even begin to count the amount of novels and films that have included some kind of book that decided/recorded people's destiny. Apparently, they are not far off from the truth. There is a shard of amethyst, its many facets buried in solid - yet healthy - Netherlandish dirt. All except one. That side is exposed to the harsh reality of the world, and represents what we have unearthed (pun intended heh) as of today. So anyone could clearly notice that we have more things to discover than the stars in our galaxy! But unraveling the rest takes time; if we speed up too much, we'll surely get envious, greedy, and whatnot. Ever heard the idiom 'don't bite off more than you can chew'? There ya go.
It is in a rather dejected state that I have figured out that we've brought enough climate change down on ourselves to have weakened the earth surrounding the amethyst. It is now dry, easy for wind to blow dirt off more facets and cover others. I'm certain it's occurred.
--note from Andrea Sabesti

For three hours the entire globe suddenly slept, bathing in their own ignorance. When they wake up, government officials and high-ranking people in society will find that they have been mysteriously stripped of their money, as well as belongings. The most fortunate of the lot would be just scraping by at small apartments. Vice versa...criminals and the poor are now loaded. The normal folk in between? Well, they've always been there, so they'll continue to be there. Some claim it is unfair. Some claim thieves have somehow stolen money. Those who have heard of the strange lore of the amethyst receive a notification that it is true, but who's there to believe them?

Now there is no type of debt to any country. No wall and no statues that have to do with human warfare either. Global warming is nonexistent. Recently extinct species such as black rhinos are revived. However, entertainment remains. The Internet and so forth. It seems as if everything has been fixed into quite a peaceful Earth. Nonetheless, humans are both outraged and stunned, and others feel blessed but uneasy.
The most clever of the demoted bureaucrats, etc., seek promoted formerly low-ranked people. Whether they strike a deal/trade, threaten the ones with a feeble composure, or simply have similar ideas is up to them. Whatever the case, the result happens to be them joining forces for an expedition to “get answers”. Indeed, it's very vague at first. Those in the pack that know of the amethyst will eventually be pressed to share their knowledge, if they haven't already, though. Perfect, they seem to know where to travel. And still the end is as translucent as the beginning.
—•—•—
Requirements
This is a semi-literate roleplay, if you haven't already caught on. Those of you who haven't ventured into this area yet: I encourage you to come on in and welcome! I'd say write a minimum of 4 detailed sentences, because, well, I've gotten a writer’s block once in a while too! Quality over quantity. ^~^” Sentences, not lines. I noticed that the amount of lines you see depends on the size of your window/screen, ha. It is also assumed that you will only enter the number of characters that is comfortable for you. Don't stress yourself. lol I'm going to be echoing this back to myself in two seconds :laughing: ‘o’
By the way, I can provide a recap (or anyone else, for that matter) if you join after the roleplay’s launched. Don't be so hesitant about rollin' in!
When do we start?
Right when your character(s) wake(s) up from the refreshing, three-hour nap. Yawn.
Main Photo References
[the amethyst (”https://www.crystalvaults.com//images/crystal%20encyclopedia/amethyst/110182x.gif”)] | [place they meet up in Ireland (”http://www.discoverireland.ie/DI/media/DiscoverIreland/Places%20to%20Go/Wicklow/1600x459_Powerscourt.jpg?width=1600&height=459&ext=.jpg”)] | London- [night (http://www.londonphotofestival.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/slide_london.jpg)] [day (http://cdn.theculturetrip.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/London-%C2%A9-QQ7-Shutterstock-e1455618305877.jpg)] | Giethoorn, Netherlands- [eagle view aka above (http://pintast.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/giethoorn-holland-a-roadless-village-1408784862k4ng8.jpg)] | [lake (”https://www.hellobc.com/getmedia/c9212d85-ddf4-4ce0-bb82-c27446465f92/4-3593-emerald-lake-lodge-yoho-RM.jpg.aspx”)] | | [school (”http://www.zastavki.com/pictures/originals/2015/World___Ireland_Sheep_in_the_pasture_at_the_castle _in_Ireland_096759_.jpg”)] | [map (”http://i.imgur.com/4rsYoFN.jpg”)]
Hindrances/Path & Suggestions
Obviously, I don't want to run this roleplay forever, stretching it out with fluff. Long story short, beneath are scenes just to test your character's survival/social skills.
[ ] Arrive at meeting place and organize the pack.
[ ] There’s this school, feeling oddly familiar and alien simultaneously, but you're sure you haven't been there before. Spend a day surviving in the creepy building, attempting to navigate the maze of hallways. The goal is to prevent the members of the school from being super aware of your existence there, or else you'll be a captive.
[ ] Lake. A shift in power. The last event targeted the Andrea’s fatal flaw, and she is the “leader” till this point. Since the others were not entirely satisfied by her leading efforts there - she'd just retreat into her shell - a conflict stirs up. Eventually a vote causes the elected person to take charge.
[ ] Bridge mountains. Ehh...any ideas? Seems like a good setting for something tasty! Or nothing. You tell me.
[ ] Such a jolting shift in setting. Cut through London in one night and day. Not as easy as it sounds, huh?
[ ] Navigate inside Giethoorn to find the precise location of the amethyst; there's clues in the original legends, too.
[I]Clues
to be added
[ ] Decide what to do. The outcome. End.
Suggestions: remember, all (hopefully) good things come to an end. I'd love to hear more cool ideas for obstacles we could cross, however complex or simple! And if one of the ideas above seems rather plain, I certainly wouldn't mind removing it.
Forms
Name
Age (can be adult or late teen)
Former Career (for demoted bureaucrats; if in-school, type that, and you may include parents’ jobs)
Present Career (for promoted low-ranked people)
Appearance (link and/or description in paragraphs or a list is fine)
Personality (paragraph or a list is fine)
Spouse/Crush (:kittyface: rawr)
Backstory (optional, but include whether you know about the amethyst)
Other (optional, suggestions, ideas, just blah)
Name:
Sexuality:
Former Career:
Present Career:
Appearance:
Personality:
Spouse/Crush:
Backstory:
Other:

[B]Name:
Andrea Sabesti
Sexuality:
Heterosexual
Former Career:
in-school; both parents were excellent doctors and sought after much, well paid
Appearance:
reference (”https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/c9/8c/e0/c98ce0c1b6ddd3525a2da20a9c059c4f.jpg”)
An ordinary exterior for an intriguing creature. It is what she does with them that could twist one’s opinion. Take her dark chocolate eyes. Being more of a ‘think before you act’ type of teenager, Andrea will generally stare for a period of time that strays into the uncomfortable territory. Due to this habit, she tries to either smuggle glances or check that they aren't looking back at her.
Her voice is quiet and/or soft by nature.
Personality:
She knows a little bit of nearly everything- or it seems like it, anyway. It's quite curious: around complete and utter strangers, Andrea is not timid at all. Near people she knows by face and name but not deeply (classmates, teachers, for example), her shy side rules.
Spouse/Crush:
Crushes are open, but it will likely not progress to anything serious. This girl usually has at least once crush in mind, judging both the male's facade and behavior, but she tells herself the feelings are merely illusions. Probably true. Plus, there is absolutely no point. Her dream of experiencing the world might be halted. The only way would be if someone cared enough to be a loner together with her...but that made no sense.
Backstory:
-Knows about the amethyst.
Before the...how should I call it? The Great Nap? Heh. Anyway, she was a normal person. The things that actually stood out was her IQ, which was above average; in school she'd been doing alright. However, Andrea had always wondered and sometimes wished to experience a more free life on the streets. She simply could not muster the 'courage' -or so she called it- to run away.
Other:
N/A
my form is finished in all but detail in personality/appearance. everything else is done, so go ahead peeps!! ...bumps in advance

Ruthenselle
November 20th, 2016, 03:22 PM
Bump xc
Going once...going twice...
Difficult crowd for sure ^^

Hallowed Echo
November 20th, 2016, 03:34 PM
Name: Echo
Sexuality: Straight
Former Career: Criminal
Present Career: Criminal
Appearance: Dirty unkept black hair with tired royal blue eyes. He wears black clothing with a black hoodie over his head and mask covering his mouth.
Personality: He is quiet, since it is required when stealing. He gives money to any person in need of money and isn't really greedy. He usually keeps someone money he stole and gives the rest away to charity. He laughs often and buys the homeless meals.
Spouse/Crush: Open
Backstory: He was abandoned at a young age and started to steal. He can't kill a person, it's one thing he could never bring himself to do after killing and innocent child.
Other: Nope

Ruthenselle
November 20th, 2016, 04:35 PM
Name: Echo
Sexuality: Straight
Former Career: Criminal
Present Career: Criminal
Appearance: Dirty unkept black hair with tired royal blue eyes. He wears black clothing with a black hoodie over his head and mask covering his mouth.
Personality: He is quiet, since it is required when stealing. He gives money to any person in need of money and isn't really greedy. He usually keeps someone money he stole and gives the rest away to charity. He laughs often and buys the homeless meals.
Spouse/Crush: Open
Backstory: He was abandoned at a young age and started to steal. He can't kill a person, it's one thing he could never bring himself to do after killing and innocent child.
Other: Nope

Accepted! ^.^ If no one else joins then I'll throw in a character or something, and we'll start then. No forms needed for those, since they'd only be filling in. Thanks btw.
phew

Hallowed Echo
November 20th, 2016, 05:36 PM
Ok.)