PDA

View Full Version : Gem's Den

Pages : [1] 2 3

Maplefur
November 19th, 2016, 06:20 PM
This is where Gem, a fluffy white kittypet, lives.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 19th, 2016, 06:29 PM
This is where Gem, a fluffy white kittypet, lives.
Shadow was sitting on the fence looking at her with a smile. "Hey Gem." He purred.

Maplefur
November 19th, 2016, 06:38 PM
Shadow was sitting on the fence looking at her with a smile. "Hey Gem." He purred.

"Shadow!" Gem exclaimed excitedly and raced over to him. "How've you been?"

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 19th, 2016, 06:44 PM
Shadow jumped down and rubbed his fur against her. "Good."

Maplefur
November 19th, 2016, 06:45 PM
Shadow jumped down and rubbed his fur against her. "Good."
Gem purred and sat down. "What do you want to do today?"

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 19th, 2016, 06:50 PM
"I chose last time." He said. "You choose this time."

Maplefur
November 19th, 2016, 06:52 PM
"I chose last time." He said. "You choose this time."

Gem tilted her head, thinking. Suddenly, she hopped up and jabbed Shadow with her paw. "Tag, you're it," she exclaimed gleefully, before pelting off across the yard.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 19th, 2016, 06:53 PM
"Hey!" Shadow teased and started chasing her. "I will catch you!"

Maplefur
November 19th, 2016, 06:55 PM
"Hey!" Shadow teased and started chasing her. "I will catch you!"

"No you won't!" She shouted over her shoulder. She took a sharp turn, narrowly avoiding Shadow as she did so.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 19th, 2016, 06:56 PM
Shadow tried to turn, but couldn't and ran into the fence, hitting his shoulder.

Maplefur
November 19th, 2016, 06:57 PM
Shadow tried to turn, but couldn't and ran into the fence, hitting his shoulder.

Seeing him hit the fence, she turned back around and trotted over. "Shadow!" She gasped. "Are you alright?" She leaned forward to tentitively sniff his shoulder.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 19th, 2016, 07:04 PM
Some wood from the fence gotten into his shoulder and he was bleeding slightly. "I'm fine." He said pulling a piece out of his shoulder.

Maplefur
November 19th, 2016, 07:14 PM
Some wood from the fence gotten into his shoulder and he was bleeding slightly. "I'm fine." He said pulling a piece out of his shoulder.

"You're bleeding!" Gem bent her head down and gently licked his shoulder, trying to clean the cut. She found another piece of wood and took it out.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 19th, 2016, 07:18 PM
Shadow stood up. "I'm better now." He said. "Thanks."

Maplefur
November 19th, 2016, 07:19 PM
Shadow stood up. "I'm better now." He said. "Thanks."

"No problem!" Gem exclaimed, feeling proud of herself for being able to help.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 19th, 2016, 07:22 PM
"Tag!" He said touching her with a paw and running.

Maplefur
November 19th, 2016, 07:24 PM
"Tag!" He said touching her with a paw and running.

"Hey!" Gem exclaimed as she dashed after him. "Alright, I see how you play," she teased. Her tail streamed out behind her as she raced around the yard.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 19th, 2016, 07:25 PM
"You'll never catch me!" He teased.

Maplefur
November 19th, 2016, 07:27 PM
"You'll never catch me!" He teased.

"Yes I will, you're slow," Gem shouted gleefully. Her fur, as usual, was puffed out in excitement and her whiskers pressed against her face as she ran along.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 19th, 2016, 07:32 PM
"You're slow!" He said back.

Maplefur
November 19th, 2016, 07:37 PM
"You're slow!" He said back.

"Oh, I'll show you who's slow!" Gem dug her paws in, pushing herself forwards with each bound. Happily, she noticed that she was catching up. Just then, she heard a weird 'click' sound. Stopping her chase, she looked over at the patio, where her twoleg was now standing. She held a tiny black box in her hand, and as Gen watched her twoleg raised the box up to her eyes. It soon gave off another sound. "What's that?" She asked curiously.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 19th, 2016, 07:39 PM
Shadow stopped and looked at her twoleg. "I don't know. What is that?"

Maplefur
November 19th, 2016, 07:41 PM
Shadow stopped and looked at her twoleg. "I don't know. What is that?"

"I dunno, that's why I asked you!" Gem sat down and tilted her head curiously. The black box had a cylinder on one side, which was pointed at them. As it gave another click, her twoleg moved it away, inspecting something on it and letting out a sound Gem had learned to be a laugh. "What's so funny?" She called out. Of course, her twoleg had no way of knowing what she said, but she still asked.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 19th, 2016, 07:43 PM
Shadow walked closer to investigate it.

Maplefur
November 19th, 2016, 07:47 PM
Shadow walked closer to investigate it.
Gem's twoleg turned the box around, revealing a colorful image on the other side. Gem padded forward, looking at the image. "Hey! That looks like the yard!" There were two cats in the yard, and Gem gasped. "The one cat looks just like you!"

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 19th, 2016, 07:56 PM
"And that one looks like you!" Shadow said pointing to the other one.

Maplefur
November 19th, 2016, 07:57 PM
"And that one looks like you!" Shadow said pointing to the other one.
Gem huffed. "I may be small, but there's no way I'm that small! Right?" She turned to Shadow.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 19th, 2016, 07:59 PM
"No. Not THAT small." Shadow grinned.

Maplefur
November 19th, 2016, 08:01 PM
"No. Not THAT small." Shadow grinned.
Gem narrowed her eyes. "Good," she huffed as she gave a nod, then looked back at Shadow. Her eyes glinted mischievously as her whiskers twitched. "Shadow, guess what."

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 19th, 2016, 08:08 PM
Shadow turned to look at her. "What?"

Maplefur
November 19th, 2016, 08:12 PM
Shadow turned to look at her. "What?"
"Got you!" She yowled happily as she pounced on him. She didn't bother running away, instead falling down with him and bursting out in giggles as she clung onto him.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 19th, 2016, 08:12 PM
Shadow laughed in amusement as he fell to the ground. "Get off me!"

Maplefur
November 19th, 2016, 08:16 PM
Shadow laughed in amusement as he fell to the ground. "Get off me!"

"Make me!" Gem held on tighter, but made sure not to use her claws. She looked up at Shadow, her pale yellow eyes squinting as she laughed.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 19th, 2016, 08:23 PM
Shadow laughed. "I can't. What can I do against the almighty Gem." He said.

Maplefur
November 19th, 2016, 08:27 PM
Shadow laughed. "I can't. What can I do against the almighty Gem." He said.
"Nothing! I'm the best hunter ever, and no prey can escape me!" She leaned up to whisper in his ear. "You are now a tasty meal of mouse for me!"

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 19th, 2016, 08:41 PM
"No I'm not!" Shadow said. "I not a piece of prey."

Maplefur
November 19th, 2016, 08:41 PM
"No I'm not!" Shadow said. "I not a piece of prey."

"Then how come it was so easy for me to catch you?" Gem teased, prodding him with her paw.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 19th, 2016, 08:46 PM
Shadow shook her off. "You haven't caught me."

Maplefur
November 19th, 2016, 08:47 PM
Shadow shook her off. "You haven't caught me."

"You sure about that?" Gem asked as she got back into a crouch, lashing her tail back and forth while she narrowed her eyes at him.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 19th, 2016, 08:51 PM
Shadow began running around.

Maplefur
November 19th, 2016, 08:59 PM
Shadow began running around.

Gem gave chase, a large smile on her face. She couldn't remember ever having such an intensified feeling of happiness, of freedom. She felt as if she was in a blissful dream. Only this is better than a dream, cause it's real!

aleka!
November 19th, 2016, 09:00 PM
Jacy gracefully leaped onto a fence, her fluffy tail waving behind her. Ripple tried to do the same, but awkwardly lost his grip and fell. "Do you need help?" She asked, chuckling as she looked down at the silver tom. "I'm just not used to fences. Give me a river over this any day." Ripple huffed. Crouching again, he scrambeled up again, this time managing to pull himself up. He stood up, pelt brushing against Jacy. Jacy herself was a long-furred dark brown tabby, with a white chest, underbelly and back legs. Her ears were tufted, and her tail very fluffy. Ripple was a sleek-furred, silver tom. He had nicely built broad shoulders, and a long tail. One interesting thing about Ripple was the fact he had six claws instead of five on one of his paws.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 19th, 2016, 09:02 PM
Gem gave chase, a large smile on her face. She couldn't remember ever having such an intensified feeling of happiness, of freedom. She felt as if she was in a blissful dream. Only this is better than a dream, cause it's real!
"Stay away from me!" Shadow teased.

Maplefur
November 19th, 2016, 09:03 PM
Jacy gracefully leaped onto a fence, her fluffy tail waving behind her. Ripple tried to do the same, but awkwardly lost his grip and fell. "Do you need help?" She asked, chuckling as she looked down at the silver tom. "I'm just not used to fences. Give me a river over this any day." Ripple huffed. Crouching again, he scrambeled up again, this time managing to pull himself up. He stood up, pelt brushing against Jacy. Jacy herself was a long-furred dark brown tabby, with a white chest, underbelly and back legs. Her ears were tufted, and her tail very fluffy. Ripple was a sleek-furred, silver tom. He had nicely built broad shoulders, and a long tail. One interesting thing about Ripple was the fact he had six claws instead of five on one of his paws.

Gem stopped her chase as she noticed the newcomers. Glancing over at Shadow, she turned to face them. "Hi! I'm Gem! Who're you?" She called to them.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 19th, 2016, 09:08 PM
Gem stopped her chase as she noticed the newcomers. Glancing over at Shadow, she turned to face them. "Hi! I'm Gem! Who're you?" She called to them.
Shadow skidded to a stop. "And I'm Shadow." He nodded.

Maplefur
November 19th, 2016, 09:13 PM
As Gem waited for the cats to introduce themselves, she padded over to Shadow and sat besides him. Noticing how messy her pelt had become during their chase, she embarrassedly turned around to groom it, picking out stray twigs as she did so.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 19th, 2016, 09:22 PM
As Gem waited for the cats to introduce themselves, she padded over to Shadow and sat besides him. Noticing how messy her pelt had become during their chase, she embarrassedly turned around to groom it, picking out stray twigs as she did so.
Shadow saw her doing this and purred in amusement.

Maplefur
November 19th, 2016, 09:24 PM
Shadow saw her doing this and purred in amusement.

Gem felt her pelt heat up in embarrassment as Shadow purred. Not bothering to stop her grooming, she flicked his nose with her tail.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 19th, 2016, 09:29 PM
Gem felt her pelt heat up in embarrassment as Shadow purred. Not bothering to stop her grooming, she flicked his nose with her tail.
Shadow spit out some of her fur after she flicked it in his face.

Maplefur
November 19th, 2016, 09:31 PM
Shadow spit out some of her fur after she flicked it in his face.

Satisfied with her pelt, she turned to Shadow. "Your fur's not looking the greatest either," she teased.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 19th, 2016, 09:40 PM
Satisfied with her pelt, she turned to Shadow. "Your fur's not looking the greatest either," she teased.
"What are you talking about?" Shadow asked looking at his black pelt.

Maplefur
November 19th, 2016, 09:43 PM
"What are you talking about?" Shadow asked looking at his black pelt.

Grabbing one of the twigs that had been stuck on her pelt, she quickly shoved it on top of his head. "That," she replied with a small mrrow of laughter.
(Off to bed I go, see ya tomorrow!)

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 19th, 2016, 09:49 PM
Grabbing one of the twigs that had been stuck on her pelt, she quickly shoved it on top of his head. "That," she replied with a small mrrow of laughter.
(Off to bed I go, see ya tomorrow!)
(Goodnight)

Shadow sighed. "Great. Now can you get it out please?"

Maplefur
November 20th, 2016, 07:32 AM
(Goodnight)

Shadow sighed. "Great. Now can you get it out please?"

Gem looked at him and twitched her whiskers. "I dunno, can I? I think I'm too small to get up there," She widened her eyes and gave him the best innocent face she could.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 20th, 2016, 07:34 AM
"Why you little..." he pounced on her and pinned her playfully.

Maplefur
November 20th, 2016, 07:41 AM
"Why you little..." he pounced on her and pinned her playfully.

Gem giggled. "Get off me you big goof!" She pressed on his chest with her paws, but she was too small to move him.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 20th, 2016, 07:43 AM
Gem giggled. "Get off me you big goof!" She pressed on his chest with her paws, but she was too small to move him.
Shadow pretended she had the strength and pushed him of as he rolled off her.

Maplefur
November 20th, 2016, 07:44 AM
Shadow pretended she had the strength and pushed him of as he rolled off her.

Gem squealed in delight. "Shadow I did it!" She ran around him in an excited circle, before jumping up to put her front paws on him. "I moved a mountain!"

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 20th, 2016, 07:55 AM
Gem squealed in delight. "Shadow I did it!" She ran around him in an excited circle, before jumping up to put her front paws on him. "I moved a mountain!"
"Well I'm not a mountain, but good job." He purred and touched her nose s with his.

Maplefur
November 20th, 2016, 07:56 AM
"Well I'm not a mountain, but good job." He purred and touched her nose s with his.

Gem closed her eyes and purred as his nose met hers, then popped her eyes open. "You sure?" She asked as she pushed off him, her front legs landing back on the ground. Her white tail twirled in the air.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 20th, 2016, 08:14 AM
"I'm pretty sure." He teased and stood up to shake the twig out of his hair.

Maplefur
November 20th, 2016, 08:29 AM
"I'm pretty sure." He teased and stood up to shake the twig out of his hair.

"How does your fur always stay so clean?" She asked with a huff. "Mine's always a mess." She sat down, eyes sparkling. "Oh! Once, I went out to explore the woods, and I came back and I was all muddy! I was a brown cat instead of white! My twolegs were so mad, they didn't let me back out for a couple days!"

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 20th, 2016, 09:17 AM
He purred. "I bet they didn't."

Maplefur
November 20th, 2016, 12:53 PM
He purred. "I bet they didn't."

"Have you ever gotten into trouble?" Gem asked him curiously.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 20th, 2016, 12:59 PM
"Have you ever gotten into trouble?" Gem asked him curiously.
Shadow thought for a moment. "No I don't think so."

Maplefur
November 20th, 2016, 01:03 PM
Shadow thought for a moment. "No I don't think so."
"What? How can you not get into trouble! There's so many ways! Once, I jumped up on the table and ate my twoleg's food when they weren't looking." Gem licked her lips at the memory. "But she had salmon, how could I not?"

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 20th, 2016, 01:05 PM
"What? How can you not get into trouble! There's so many ways! Once, I jumped up on the table and ate my twoleg's food when they weren't looking." Gem licked her lips at the memory. "But she had salmon, how could I not?"
"I've done that before." He said. "The fish was delicious as well. I just never got punished for it."

Maplefur
November 20th, 2016, 01:13 PM
"I've done that before." He said. "The fish was delicious as well. I just never got punished for it."

"Lucky!" Gem huffed. "My twoleg didn't give me dinner for the night."

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 20th, 2016, 01:15 PM
"Lucky!" Gem huffed. "My twoleg didn't give me dinner for the night."
Shadow purred in amusement. "That's unlucky of you."

Maplefur
November 20th, 2016, 01:17 PM
Shadow purred in amusement. "That's unlucky of you."
"Yeah, well, it was my fault." She admitted, then licked her chest fur. "Shadow, when you die, what do you want to be able to say you've done with your life?" She asked suddenly.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 20th, 2016, 01:21 PM
"Yeah, well, it was my fault." She admitted, then licked her chest fur. "Shadow, when you die, what do you want to be able to say you've done with your life?" She asked suddenly.
"That's an interesting question." Shadow said thinking about it. "I want to be able to say I had great life and I made great friends. Like you."

Maplefur
November 20th, 2016, 01:22 PM
"That's an interesting question." Shadow said thinking about it. "I want to be able to say I had great life and I made great friends. Like you."

Gem purred. "Aw thanks Shadow!" She batted him with one of her paws.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 20th, 2016, 01:24 PM
Gem purred. "Aw thanks Shadow!" She batted him with one of her paws.
Shadow purred.

Maplefur
November 20th, 2016, 01:27 PM
Shadow purred.

Gem tilter her head. "So, what do you want to do now?" She asked him.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 20th, 2016, 01:29 PM
Gem tilter her head. "So, what do you want to do now?" She asked him.
"I don't care." He said. "As long as I'm with you."

Maplefur
November 20th, 2016, 01:33 PM
"I don't care." He said. "As long as I'm with you."

Gem purred happily. "Shadow I'm so happy we met each other," she sighed.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 20th, 2016, 01:34 PM
"I am too." He purred happily and laid down.

Maplefur
November 20th, 2016, 01:37 PM
"I am too." He purred happily and laid down.

Gem padded besides him to lay down, and she curled her tiny body up against him. The sun beamed down on her pelt, and she enjoyed the warm feeling it gave her.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 20th, 2016, 01:42 PM
Gem padded besides him to lay down, and she curled her tiny body up against him. The sun beamed down on her pelt, and she enjoyed the warm feeling it gave her.
Shadow watched her with a grin and began grooming her fur.

Maplefur
November 20th, 2016, 01:47 PM
Shadow watched her with a grin and began grooming her fur.

Gem sighed contentedly and closed her eyes, letting out quiet, steady purrs as his tongue rasped over her pelt.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 20th, 2016, 01:52 PM
Shadow continued to softly groom her.

Maplefur
November 20th, 2016, 01:55 PM
Shadow continued to softly groom her.

"I could stay here forever," Gem murmured softly. For once, the rambunctious she-cat was calm.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 20th, 2016, 01:57 PM
"I could stay here forever," Gem murmured softly. For once, the rambunctious she-cat was calm.
"I just want to be with you forever." He said.

Maplefur
November 20th, 2016, 01:58 PM
"I just want to be with you forever." He said.

Gem blinked her eyes open. "Well, I'm not going anywhere. So you can be with me forever," She smiled up at him.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 20th, 2016, 02:00 PM
Shadow purred in happiness. "That's great to hear."

Maplefur
November 20th, 2016, 02:11 PM
Shadow purred in happiness. "That's great to hear."

She blinked at him. "You're not gonna leave, right?" She asked worriedly.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 20th, 2016, 02:14 PM
She blinked at him. "You're not gonna leave, right?" She asked worriedly.
"I would never leave you." He whispered softly. "Never."

Maplefur
November 20th, 2016, 02:17 PM
"I would never leave you." He whispered softly. "Never."

Gem relaxed. "Good," she murmured. "And I'll never leave you."

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 20th, 2016, 02:26 PM
Shadow purred and fell asleep.

Maplefur
November 20th, 2016, 02:39 PM
Shadow purred and fell asleep.

Gem laid her head back down and closed her eyes, feeling Shadow's chest rise and fall in a rhythmic pattern as she drifted off.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 20th, 2016, 02:40 PM
(Skip to when they wake up?)

Maplefur
November 20th, 2016, 02:46 PM
(Skip to when they wake up?)

(Yup)
Gem scrunched her nose as something landed on it. Slowly opening her eyes, she noticed a dragonfly on her nose. "Hi!" She meowed to it, but her muzzle movement caused it to fly away. She quickly sat up, watching it twirl away. "Aw, don't go!" She looked down at Shadow and smiled mischievously. Crouching down, she wiggled and then pounced on him.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 20th, 2016, 02:49 PM
(Yup)
Gem scrunched her nose as something landed on it. Slowly opening her eyes, she noticed a dragonfly on her nose. "Hi!" She meowed to it, but her muzzle movement caused it to fly away. She quickly sat up, watching it twirl away. "Aw, don't go!" She looked down at Shadow and smiled mischievously. Crouching down, she wiggled and then pounced on him.
Shadow woke up when he felt weight on him. "Hey!" He yelled. "Get off me."

Maplefur
November 20th, 2016, 02:52 PM
Shadow woke up when he felt weight on him. "Hey!" He yelled. "Get off me."

"Got you again, mouse!" She exclaimed.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 20th, 2016, 02:55 PM
"Got you again, mouse!" She exclaimed.
"You got me while I was asleep!" He yelled.

Maplefur
November 20th, 2016, 02:57 PM
"You got me while I was asleep!" He yelled.

"Well, what do you think happens to mice that sleep in the open, silly?" Gem asked him, before jumping off of him. "You'd make a lousy mouse- you wouldn't even live past a day with me around!" She puffed her chest out proudly. "I'm a master hunter!"

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 20th, 2016, 03:01 PM
"Well, what do you think happens to mice that sleep in the open, silly?" Gem asked him, before jumping off of him. "You'd make a lousy mouse- you wouldn't even live past a day with me around!" She puffed her chest out proudly. "I'm a master hunter!"
Shadow purred.

Maplefur
November 20th, 2016, 03:04 PM
Shadow purred.

"Shadow," Gem meowed. "We're best friends, right?"

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 20th, 2016, 03:07 PM
"Shadow," Gem meowed. "We're best friends, right?"
"The best of friends that ever lived." Shadow responded.

Maplefur
November 20th, 2016, 03:09 PM
"The best of friends that ever lived." Shadow responded.

"Then tell me more about you!" She white cat hopped on her friend's tail. "I know you're super fun, you're 14 moons, you used to be a stray, and you're fantastic in battle! But tell me more!" She looked up at him with pleading eyes.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 20th, 2016, 03:11 PM
Shadow smiled. "There's not much more I can tell you about my life besides that."

Maplefur
November 20th, 2016, 03:13 PM
Shadow smiled. "There's not much more I can tell you about my life besides that."

Gem tilted her head. "Aw, 'cmon! Tell me something- anything!"

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 20th, 2016, 03:19 PM
Gem tilted her head. "Aw, 'cmon! Tell me something- anything!"
"Fine. I'll tell about how my life was as a stray." He meowed.

Maplefur
November 20th, 2016, 03:20 PM
"Fine. I'll tell about how my life was as a stray." He meowed.

Gem sat down and stared at him with wide eyes. "I'll tell you about mine then, when you're finished," she promised.

aleka!
November 20th, 2016, 03:23 PM
(Because I was late to reply XD)

Jacy jumped off the fence, landing with a quiet thump on the ground below the fence. "I'm Jacy, and this is Ripple. He's from the river visiting." She said, casting a green eyed glance at Ripple, who flicked his tail.

Maplefur
November 20th, 2016, 03:25 PM

Jacy jumped off the fence, landing with a quiet thump on the ground below the fence. "I'm Jacy, and this is Ripple. He's from the river visiting." She said, casting a green eyed glance at Ripple, who flicked his tail.

Gem turned her eager eyes off of Shadow. Aw man, right when he was gonna tell me his story! She looked at the two. "From the river? You mean, you live in the river like fish?!" Gem's eyes widened.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 20th, 2016, 03:29 PM

Shadow looked at the two.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 20th, 2016, 03:57 PM
Gem turned her eager eyes off of Shadow. Aw man, right when he was gonna tell me his story! She looked at the two. "From the river? You mean, you live in the river like fish?!" Gem's eyes widened.
"They're just in time for a story that I promised you." Shadow said to Gem.

aleka!
November 20th, 2016, 04:00 PM
Ripple nodded. "Yup, it was beautiful. And, great a story!" He said, laying down. He rested his head on his paws, and Jacy sat next to him, her tail over his shoulders. She batted at his ears playfully.

Maplefur
November 20th, 2016, 04:05 PM
"They're just in time for a story that I promised you." Shadow said to Gem.
Ripple nodded. "Yup, it was beautiful. And, great a story!" He said, laying down. He rested his head on his paws, and Jacy sat next to him, her tail over his shoulders. She batted at his ears playfully.

Gem hopped in a circle eagerly, twirling down to a sitting position. She gave her full attention to Shadow, excited for his story.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 20th, 2016, 04:10 PM
Shadow sat up in a sitting position. "So I was once a kittypet and my family got deserted by my twolegs and we had to live into town."

Maplefur
November 20th, 2016, 04:12 PM
Shadow sat up in a sitting position. "So I was once a kittypet and my family got deserted by my twolegs and we had to live into town."
Gem blinked in surprise, but stayed quiet so she wouldn't interrupt the story.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 20th, 2016, 04:15 PM
"So at the start, it was rough. My oldest sister died from starvation making sure we had something to eat." He told them.

Maplefur
November 20th, 2016, 04:16 PM
"So at the start, it was rough. My oldest sister died from starvation making sure we had something to eat." He told them.
This time, Gem couldn't keep her mouth shut. "You mean you ate her?!"

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 20th, 2016, 04:18 PM
This time, Gem couldn't keep her mouth shut. "You mean you ate her?!"
Shadow smiled in amusement. "No, Gem. She just wouldn't eat because she wanted to make sure we had food." He explained.

Maplefur
November 20th, 2016, 04:21 PM
Shadow smiled in amusement. "No, Gem. She just wouldn't eat because she wanted to make sure we had food." He explained.
Gem let out a sigh of relief. "Oh," she muttered sheepishly.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 20th, 2016, 04:34 PM
Shadow continued on with the story. "So after her death, we continued to struggle. It wasn't easy, out there, it's the strongest cat gets the food. We weren't strong, but we overpowered any one cat because we worked together."

Maplefur
November 20th, 2016, 04:40 PM
Shadow continued on with the story. "So after her death, we continued to struggle. It wasn't easy, out there, it's the strongest cat gets the food. We weren't strong, but we overpowered any one cat because we worked together."
Gem nodded. Her father always had to travel far in order to get food for her family.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 20th, 2016, 04:53 PM
"But-But then it stopped working. Our family started turning on each other, mostly me because I was the smallest and youngest." He said. "It started getting worse and worse."

Maplefur
November 20th, 2016, 05:07 PM
"But-But then it stopped working. Our family started turning on each other, mostly me because I was the smallest and youngest." He said. "It started getting worse and worse."
Gem padded forward and pressed her nose to Shadow's shoulder when his words began to faulter. She sat next to him, hoping her presence would comfort him.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 20th, 2016, 05:12 PM
Shadow was about to stop but continued on when he felt Gem next to him. "Our family basically began fighting each other and they split up." He shivered as he remembered it all. "I was all alone and by myself for the longest of times."

Maplefur
November 20th, 2016, 05:17 PM
Shadow was about to stop but continued on when he felt Gem next to him. "Our family basically began fighting each other and they split up." He shivered as he remembered it all. "I was all alone and by myself for the longest of times."
"How did you come to live with your twolegs?" Gem murmured quietly.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 20th, 2016, 05:25 PM
"I'm getting there now." He told her. "I spent two days miserable and looking for food, but it was so hard and I was so small. I had given up and curled up ready to accept death when two kind twolegs saw me and took me in. They fed me and cared for me and I recover and I grew stronger. If it wasn't for them, I would probably be dead." He smiled but it disappeared just as quick as it came. "As for my family, I don't know where they are. I found my older brother a moon ago and I gave him food but, I don't know where Mom and Dad are." He said and a tear came to his eyes. "I keep telling myself that they're fine, but what if they aren't. Whet if they're....." He didn't finish his sentence. "No matter what though, I'll keep looking for them, but that's my story of when I wasn't with a twoleg." He said not thinking he could continue.

Maplefur
November 20th, 2016, 05:28 PM
"I'm getting there now." He told her. "I spent two days miserable and looking for food, but it was so hard and I was so small. I had given up and curled up ready to accept death when two kind twolegs saw me and took me in. They fed me and cared for me and I recover and I grew stronger. If it wasn't for them, I would probably be dead." He smiled but it disappeared just as quick as it came. "As for my family, I don't know where they are. I found my older brother a moon ago and I gave him food but, I don't know where Mom and Dad are." He said and a tear came to his eyes. "I keep telling myself that they're fine, but what if they aren't. Whet if they're....." He didn't finish his sentence. "No matter what though, I'll keep looking for them, but that's my story of when I wasn't with a twoleg." He said not thinking he could continue.

Gem leaned up to lick his ear. "Don't think that," she whispered. "I'll help you look for them," She promised. She shuffled her paws and glanced at Jacy and Ripple. "Well, I guess it's my turn now."

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 20th, 2016, 05:29 PM
Shadow nodded. "Yeah I guess it is."

Maplefur
November 20th, 2016, 05:35 PM
Shadow nodded. "Yeah I guess it is."

"Well, I wasn't born a kittypet, instead I was born into the life of a stray. I was a part of a big litter. I have... well had five other litter mates, and I was the runt." She flashed Shadow a look. "But I was lucky. My family didn't turn on me for being the smallest, and the weakest. Instead, my siblings were extra careful with me. They were really protective of me, and my parents always gave me special attention."

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 20th, 2016, 05:38 PM
Shadow looked at her and nodded.

Maplefur
November 20th, 2016, 05:48 PM
Shadow looked at her and nodded.

Gem's eyes grew distant, memories taking her back in time. Happiness danced across her yellow eyes. "I remember once, I was playing with all my siblings. Mother was laying a little ways off, and Father was out hunting- he went off every morning, and it would take him 'till dusk to get back with enough food for us. Anyways, this stray came in, and all my siblings surrounded me, hissing at him. Mother chased him off; she gave him a real nasty bite for trying to hurt us, and when Father got home he was so mad! He wanted to chase after the stray, show it a lesson for trying to kill us. He eventually calmed down."

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 20th, 2016, 05:51 PM
Shadow nodded. "Sounds like you guys were close."

Maplefur
November 20th, 2016, 05:57 PM
Shadow nodded. "Sounds like you guys were close."

Gem sighed. "Oh, we were. The best part of the day would be when Father got home to our alleyway. Mother's eyes would brighten up, and they would always give each other this look that took my breath away." One day, I'll find love like Mother and Father, and I'll be the happiest cat in all of town! "We would all tackle Father and he would play with us for a little bit, before eating and going to sleep. We'd huddle together, and Mother and Father would purr so loudly that it was easy to fall asleep. I always got the middle spot, right next to Father."

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 20th, 2016, 06:05 PM
Shadow purred in happiness.

Maplefur
November 20th, 2016, 06:16 PM
Shadow purred in happiness.

Gem's mood turned somber. "But then it happened. The day started off normal, besides the fact that when Father left to hunt, he took my brother Pebble with him. Did... Did I mention that back then my name was Pearl? Anyways, Father had been gone for a while already, but it was still morning. I was playing with my littermates, but then this van pulled up. Before we knew it, two twolegs were coming towards us, and they had these pole things with ropes on the top. Mother told us to hide, and we all started to run to the dumpsters, but they had already gotten me. Mother turned around to get me, but they used the pole on her so she couldn't scratch them. Soon they got all of us, and they shoved us into a cage in the back of the van. The entire ride there was torture, we were all panicking in the back of the cage, while Mother paced back and forth in the front just repeating 'no' over and over again." Gem was pressing herself into the ground, fur bristling as she recalled the scary, dark cage.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 20th, 2016, 06:35 PM
Shadow put his tail on her shoulder. "Calm down. It's ok."

Maplefur
November 20th, 2016, 06:45 PM
Shadow put his tail on her shoulder. "Calm down. It's ok."

Gem pushed her head into his side, burying her face in his fur. She breathed in Shadow's scent, waiting a few moments to calm herself down. Eventually, she pulled away. "Alright, I'm ok." She took another deep breath, blinking her eyes to clear them. "Well, they took us to some place- Mother called it the Pound. The twolegs shoved us into a cage together, and we stayed there for a while. Mother wasn't the same anymore. She was cold, and distant. She used to be so happy, but now she never felt anything, only sadness. She slept all the time, and snapped at us a lot. In... In her sleep she would call out Father's name." Gem's voice was quiet, and she spoke quickly. She wanted to be able to finish her story before she broke down. Shadow could tell his story, I can tell mine. She told herself firmly. "Eventually, my twoleg came and took me home in a box. When she opened the box, I was in her den, and she held me out to her kit. Her kit named me Gem- cause when she first saw me she said I was as precious as a gem." The white cat smiled slightly, but it quickly faded. "As for Mother and the others... Well I don't know. I can only assume my littermates were adopted out, but I don't think Mother would ever be adopted. She was changed after the incident, and even before then she was terrified of twolegs, so it only got worse in the pound. I hate to think of when Father and Pebble got back to our alley... I don't know where they are either. I don't know where a-any of my family is." Gem shut her eyes tightly. I will not break down. I am a happy cat. She repeated this to herself several times, but still kept her eyes closed, very much aware of the eyes on her from everyone.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 20th, 2016, 07:13 PM
Gem pushed her head into his side, burying her face in his fur. She breathed in Shadow's scent, waiting a few moments to calm herself down. Eventually, she pulled away. "Alright, I'm ok." She took another deep breath, blinking her eyes to clear them. "Well, they took us to some place- Mother called it the Pound. The twolegs shoved us into a cage together, and we stayed there for a while. Mother wasn't the same anymore. She was cold, and distant. She used to be so happy, but now she never felt anything, only sadness. She slept all the time, and snapped at us a lot. In... In her sleep she would call out Father's name." Gem's voice was quiet, and she spoke quickly. She wanted to be able to finish her story before she broke down. Shadow could tell his story, I can tell mine. She told herself firmly. "Eventually, my twoleg came and took me home in a box. When she opened the box, I was in her den, and she held me out to her kit. Her kit named me Gem- cause when she first saw me she said I was as precious as a gem." The white cat smiled slightly, but it quickly faded. "As for Mother and the others... Well I don't know. I can only assume my littermates were adopted out, but I don't think Mother would ever be adopted. She was changed after the incident, and even before then she was terrified of twolegs, so it only got worse in the pound. I hate to think of when Father and Pebble got back to our alley... I don't know where they are either. I don't know where a-any of my family is." Gem shut her eyes tightly. I will not break down. I am a happy cat. She repeated this to herself several times, but still kept her eyes closed, very much aware of the eyes on her from everyone.
Shadow licked her. "It's ok. I'm here." He said. "You did a great job."

Maplefur
November 20th, 2016, 07:15 PM
Shadow licked her. "It's ok. I'm here." He said. "You did a great job."

"D-did you like my story?" She asked with a weak smile.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 20th, 2016, 07:18 PM
"D-did you like my story?" She asked with a weak smile.
"Yes. It was very good." He whispered.

Maplefur
November 20th, 2016, 07:19 PM
"Yes. It was very good." He whispered.

She blinked up at him. "So was yours, mouse," she teased, the sparkle beginning to return to her eyes.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 20th, 2016, 07:24 PM
She blinked up at him. "So was yours, mouse," she teased, the sparkle beginning to return to her eyes.
"I told you I'm not a mouse." He purred.

Maplefur
November 20th, 2016, 07:36 PM
"I told you I'm not a mouse." He purred.

"Yes you are, and you're my mouse!" She licked his shoulder. "I think I'll eat you later, though. I'm a bit full right now."

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 20th, 2016, 07:42 PM
"Well I'm thankful for that." He teased.

Maplefur
November 20th, 2016, 07:52 PM
"Well I'm thankful for that." He teased.

"You should be," Gem lifted her paw as she stuck her snout in the air, pretending to be stuck up.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 20th, 2016, 08:15 PM
"You should be," Gem lifted her paw as she stuck her snout in the air, pretending to be stuck up.
Shadow purred and licked her cheek.

Maplefur
November 20th, 2016, 08:16 PM
Shadow purred and licked her cheek.

Gem looked up at the sky that was steadily getting darker. "My twolegs will call me in any moment now," she meowed sadly.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 20th, 2016, 08:48 PM
Gem looked up at the sky that was steadily getting darker. "My twolegs will call me in any moment now," she meowed sadly.
"Would they mind if I stayed with you?" He asked.

Maplefur
November 21st, 2016, 05:26 AM
"Would they mind if I stayed with you?" He asked.

Gem purred. "Oh, you'd stay? Of course they will!" She paused, a thought occurring to her. "Wait, won't your twolegs get worried?"

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 21st, 2016, 08:37 AM
Gem purred. "Oh, you'd stay? Of course they will!" She paused, a thought occurring to her. "Wait, won't your twolegs get worried?"
Shadow smiled. "They know I'll be back sooner or later." He told her.

Maplefur
November 21st, 2016, 10:55 AM
Shadow smiled. "They know I'll be back sooner or later." He told her.

"Great!" Gem exclaimed. "Oh, we'll have so much fun! I have so many toys I can show you, and then, when we're tired, we can curl up in my bed!" She raised her tail happily.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 21st, 2016, 02:59 PM
"Great!" Gem exclaimed. "Oh, we'll have so much fun! I have so many toys I can show you, and then, when we're tired, we can curl up in my bed!" She raised her tail happily.
Shadow purred happily. He couldn't wait to do all these things with her.

Maplefur
November 21st, 2016, 03:02 PM
Shadow purred happily. He couldn't wait to do all these things with her.

"Let's go!" Her voice squeaked, as she was so excited, and she awkwardly cleared it. "Um, race you?"

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 21st, 2016, 03:13 PM
"Let's go!" Her voice squeaked, as she was so excited, and she awkwardly cleared it. "Um, race you?"
"Go!" Shadow began racing.

Maplefur
November 21st, 2016, 03:19 PM
"Go!" Shadow began racing.

Gem excitedly dashed after her friend, finding herself watching his muscles move as he ran ahead of her. Puffing, she pushed herself faster, managing to catch up with him as she ran up the stairs. I just have to get into the flap first...

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 21st, 2016, 03:27 PM
Gem excitedly dashed after her friend, finding herself watching his muscles move as he ran ahead of her. Puffing, she pushed herself faster, managing to catch up with him as she ran up the stairs. I just have to get into the flap first...
Shadow pushed himself too hard and began losing speed.

Maplefur
November 21st, 2016, 03:31 PM
Shadow pushed himself too hard and began losing speed.

Gem giggled happily as she pulled ahead of him, darting across the deck and through the cat door and twisting around to watch Shadow. She heard her twoleg give a startled shot, but ignored her.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 21st, 2016, 03:33 PM
Gem giggled happily as she pulled ahead of him, darting across the deck and through the cat door and twisting around to watch Shadow. She heard her twoleg give a startled shot, but ignored her.
"Darn it!" Shadow pushed and was right behind her.

Maplefur
November 21st, 2016, 03:37 PM
"Darn it!" Shadow pushed and was right behind her.

"I beat you!" Gem cheered happily, trotting up to Shadow to rub her body up against him warmly.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 21st, 2016, 03:43 PM
"I beat you!" Gem cheered happily, trotting up to Shadow to rub her body up against him warmly.
Shadow smiled as he caught his breath.

Maplefur
November 21st, 2016, 03:49 PM
Shadow smiled as he caught his breath.

Gem darted into the living room besides the kitchen, making a beeline for her toy box. She picked up a toy mouse, then ran back over to Shadow. "Look, this is my mouse!" She looked up at him, eyes sparkling. "Of course, it's not my real mouse."

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 21st, 2016, 03:51 PM
Gem darted into the living room besides the kitchen, making a beeline for her toy box. She picked up a toy mouse, then ran back over to Shadow. "Look, this is my mouse!" She looked up at him, eyes sparkling. "Of course, it's not my real mouse."
Shadow looked at the mouse and batted at it.

Maplefur
November 21st, 2016, 03:52 PM
Shadow looked at the mouse and batted at it.

Gem looked at Shadow curiously. "Have you ever hunted real prey before?"

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 21st, 2016, 04:09 PM
Gem looked at Shadow curiously. "Have you ever hunted real prey before?"
Shadow shook his head, then looked ashamed for not knowing how to hunt.

Maplefur
November 21st, 2016, 04:11 PM
Shadow shook his head, then looked ashamed for not knowing how to hunt.

"I need to tell you a secret," Gem meowed solemnly. "I know I said I was the master hunter, but I don't know how to hunt." She gave a deep sigh, shaking her head as if she had just revealed a deep secret.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 21st, 2016, 04:23 PM
Shadow smiled. "At least I'm not the only one."

Maplefur
November 21st, 2016, 04:24 PM
Shadow smiled. "At least I'm not the only one."

Gem returned his smile. "Hey, maybe we could learn together!"

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 21st, 2016, 04:27 PM
Gem returned his smile. "Hey, maybe we could learn together!"
"Well I know how to hunt mice." He jumped and pinned her. "Like you."

Maplefur
November 21st, 2016, 04:43 PM
"Well I know how to hunt mice." He jumped and pinned her. "Like you."

Gem squirmed under his grip. "Hey! You're the mouse!" Laughter fell easily from her lips, and she weakly batted her paw against his chest, not really trying to get him off yet.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 21st, 2016, 04:46 PM
"Well sometimes the mouse likes to fight back." He teased.

Maplefur
November 21st, 2016, 04:48 PM
"Well sometimes the mouse likes to fight back." He teased.

"Sounds more like a rat than a mouse!" Gem blinked her eyes up at him.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 21st, 2016, 04:55 PM
"Sounds more like a rat than a mouse!" Gem blinked her eyes up at him.
"Oh hush." Shadow purred.

Maplefur
November 21st, 2016, 04:59 PM
"Oh hush." Shadow purred.

Gem giggled again, leaning up to lick his muzzle. "Shadow, you're just the greatest!" Giving a pause, she slowly blinked. "... The greatest mouse!"

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 21st, 2016, 05:02 PM
Shadow licked her. "I told you I'm no mouse!"

Maplefur
November 21st, 2016, 05:05 PM
Shadow licked her. "I told you I'm no mouse!"

"Yes you are! You're a big mouse, that has black fur instead of tan, but you're still a mouse!" She flicked her ear.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 21st, 2016, 05:16 PM
"Ok whatever you say."

Maplefur
November 21st, 2016, 05:20 PM
"Ok whatever you say."

"You give in too easily!" Gem teased, pushing both paws up to his chest. "Now get off of me!"

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 21st, 2016, 05:23 PM
"Whatever you say." He got off and sat next to her.

Maplefur
November 21st, 2016, 05:26 PM
"Whatever you say." He got off and sat next to her.

Gem clambered up to her paws and licked her ruffled fur back into place. "Furrball!" She exclaimed affectionately.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 21st, 2016, 05:34 PM
Gem clambered up to her paws and licked her ruffled fur back into place. "Furrball!" She exclaimed affectionately.
"Thanks for the compliment."

Maplefur
November 21st, 2016, 05:39 PM
"Thanks for the compliment."

Gem butted his shoulder. "It wasn't a compliment."

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 21st, 2016, 05:48 PM
Shadow smiled. "It was for me."

Maplefur
November 21st, 2016, 05:48 PM
Shadow smiled. "It was for me."

Gem snorted. "You're weird."

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 21st, 2016, 05:57 PM
Gem snorted. "You're weird."
"Thanks for another compliment."

Maplefur
November 21st, 2016, 06:00 PM
"Thanks for another compliment."

"Oh stop it!" Giving Shadow a scowl, Gem leaned over to thump him on the shoulder, but made sure not to actually hurt him. She tried to keep her whiskers from twitching, or make any indication to showed she actually found his smart remarks silly, rather than annoying as she was trying to come off as.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 21st, 2016, 06:02 PM
"Oh stop it!" Giving Shadow a scowl, Gem leaned over to thump him on the shoulder, but made sure not to actually hurt him. She tried to keep her whiskers from twitching, or make any indication to showed she actually found his smart remarks silly, rather than annoying as she was trying to come off as.
Shadow smiled. "Ok. I'm done."

Maplefur
November 21st, 2016, 06:04 PM
Shadow smiled. "Ok. I'm done."

Suddenly Gem's twoleg came back into the room, following a routine Gem had learned to mean it was time for sleep. "Aw man, bed time already? Well, I guess we could eat real quick before bed, then." She padded over to her food bowl, sitting down besides it. "Here, go ahead!" Gem flicked her tail invitingly towards her food bowl and the kibble inside it.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 21st, 2016, 06:09 PM
Suddenly Gem's twoleg came back into the room, following a routine Gem had learned to mean it was time for sleep. "Aw man, bed time already? Well, I guess we could eat real quick before bed, then." She padded over to her food bowl, sitting down besides it. "Here, go ahead!" Gem flicked her tail invitingly towards her food bowl and the kibble inside it.
"No. You go ahead. I'm not hungry." Shadow said.

Maplefur
November 21st, 2016, 06:12 PM
"No. You go ahead. I'm not hungry." Shadow said.

Gem flicked her ear. "Well, if you're sure." She bent her head, picking up a few pebbles and quickly gulping them down. She wasn't sure what she preferred more- dry kibble or wet mush. On one hand, kibble was very bland, on the other, mush had a lot more flavor. That didn't necessarily mean it tasted good, however! Gem debated this as she ate a few more mouthfuls, then padded back over to Shadow. "C'mon, I'll show you my bed!"

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 21st, 2016, 06:14 PM
Gem flicked her ear. "Well, if you're sure." She bent her head, picking up a few pebbles and quickly gulping them down. She wasn't sure what she preferred more- dry kibble or wet mush. On one hand, kibble was very bland, on the other, mush had a lot more flavor. That didn't necessarily mean it tasted good, however! Gem debated this as she ate a few more mouthfuls, then padded back over to Shadow. "C'mon, I'll show you my bed!"
"But I'm not tired!" Shadow complained.

Maplefur
November 21st, 2016, 06:17 PM
"But I'm not tired!" Shadow complained.

Gem rolled her eyes. "We don't need to sleep yet! We just need to make my twoleg think we're sleeping." Her eyes sparkled mischievously, and she sneaked a glance at her twoleg, who was watching them with her 'go to bed' look. "Just get into bed, and soon she'll leave, and then we can play in the dark!"

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 21st, 2016, 06:19 PM
Gem rolled her eyes. "We don't need to sleep yet! We just need to make my twoleg think we're sleeping." Her eyes sparkled mischievously, and she sneaked a glance at her twoleg, who was watching them with her 'go to bed' look. "Just get into bed, and soon she'll leave, and then we can play in the dark!"
"Oh ok." He grinned. "Then show me the way to your bed."

Maplefur
November 21st, 2016, 06:21 PM
"Oh ok." He grinned. "Then show me the way to your bed."

Gem trotted back into the living room, going to her fluffy pink bed that sat next to her toy bin. Across the front letters spelled out the tiny cat's name, glittering in the light. She walked onto the bed, twirling around and laying down. She tucked her nose under her tail, giving her twoleg the impression that she was ready to sleep.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 21st, 2016, 06:27 PM
Gem trotted back into the living room, going to her fluffy pink bed that sat next to her toy bin. Across the front letters spelled out the tiny cat's name, glittering in the light. She walked onto the bed, twirling around and laying down. She tucked her nose under her tail, giving her twoleg the impression that she was ready to sleep.
Shadow wondered what would happen if he didn't actually look like he was going to sleep and stayed on his paws and looked around.

Maplefur
November 21st, 2016, 06:29 PM
Shadow wondered what would happen if he didn't actually look like he was going to sleep and stayed on his paws and looked around.

As Gem's twoleg let out soft coaxing sounds, she lifted her head. "Shadow, what are you doing? Get in the bed!" Gem hissed. "You want to be able to stay and play, don't you?"

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 21st, 2016, 06:34 PM
As Gem's twoleg let out soft coaxing sounds, she lifted her head. "Shadow, what are you doing? Get in the bed!" Gem hissed. "You want to be able to stay and play, don't you?"
"Wow they really are strict." Shadow walked into the kitchen and jumped up on a chair.

Maplefur
November 21st, 2016, 06:36 PM
"Wow they really are strict." Shadow walked into the kitchen and jumped up on a chair.

Gem worriedly hopped out of her bed, following Shadow. "Shadow! You're going to get us in trouble! She was being nice about it, too!" She complained. Gem's twoleg walked into the kitchen, plucking Gem up by her scruff. "Hey, it's not me who wasn't listening, it's him! Stop holding me like I'm some kit!" She ignored the fact that she was, in fact, only a kit, and instead squirmed in the twoleg's arms. "Oh, see what you've done now?"

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 21st, 2016, 06:38 PM
Gem worriedly hopped out of her bed, following Shadow. "Shadow! You're going to get us in trouble! She was being nice about it, too!" She complained. Gem's twoleg walked into the kitchen, plucking Gem up by her scruff. "Hey, it's not me who wasn't listening, it's him! Stop holding me like I'm some kit!" She ignored the fact that she was, in fact, only a kit, and instead squirmed in the twoleg's arms. "Oh, see what you've done now?"
Shadow stuck his tongue out and laid where he was on the chair.

Maplefur
November 21st, 2016, 06:41 PM
Shadow stuck his tongue out and laid where he was on the chair.

Gem grumbled as her twoleg held her, wondering what exactly she was going to do. As she started moving towards an all too familiar cabinet, Gem let out a gasp. "Oh, Shadow, you're in for it now!"

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 21st, 2016, 06:43 PM
Gem grumbled as her twoleg held her, wondering what exactly she was going to do. As she started moving towards an all too familiar cabinet, Gem let out a gasp. "Oh, Shadow, you're in for it now!"
"That's unfortunate for you" Shadow said. "I got my sleeping spot!"

Maplefur
November 21st, 2016, 06:45 PM
"That's unfortunate for you" Shadow said. "I got my sleeping spot!"

"I don't think you understand. You're the one getting the worse of this!" Gem's twoleg opened the cabinet, snatching up the spray bottle that had been used on the white kitten many times. Her twoleg then strolled over to Shadow, raising the bottle and spraying the cat with cold water multiple times. Scolding noises came out of it's mouth, but what it was saying exactly was lost to the cats.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 21st, 2016, 07:54 PM
"I don't think you understand. You're the one getting the worse of this!" Gem's twoleg opened the cabinet, snatching up the spray bottle that had been used on the white kitten many times. Her twoleg then strolled over to Shadow, raising the bottle and spraying the cat with cold water multiple times. Scolding noises came out of it's mouth, but what it was saying exactly was lost to the cats.
Shadow let out a loud meow and jumped off the chair and began running around trying to get away from the cold water.

Maplefur
November 21st, 2016, 08:02 PM
Shadow let out a loud meow and jumped off the chair and began running around trying to get away from the cold water.

Gem's twoleg paused and stopped squirting him, waiting impatiently. "Please just get into the bed," Gem begged him. She was still being help by her twoleg, dangling like a piece of prey. She was very unhappy with this, but there was nothing she could do as her twoleg had a strong grip on her. "Please put me down," she yowled up at her twoleg.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 21st, 2016, 08:03 PM
Gem's twoleg paused and stopped squirting him, waiting impatiently. "Please just get into the bed," Gem begged him. She was still being help by her twoleg, dangling like a piece of prey. She was very unhappy with this, but there was nothing she could do as her twoleg had a strong grip on her. "Please put me down," she yowled up at her twoleg.
"As soon as she stops spraying me!" He said with a hiss.

Maplefur
November 21st, 2016, 08:05 PM
"As soon as she stops spraying me!" He said with a hiss.

"She did," Gem yowled. "Now go into the bed before she starts again!" And before she decides you're not allowed here! Gem added in her head.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 21st, 2016, 08:16 PM
"She did," Gem yowled. "Now go into the bed before she starts again!" And before she decides you're not allowed here! Gem added in her head.
Shadow stared at the twoleg and walked over to Gem's bed and laid down next to it.

Maplefur
November 21st, 2016, 08:27 PM
Shadow stared at the twoleg and walked over to Gem's bed and laid down next to it.

The twoleg nodded, finally setting Gem down. She immediately dashed to her bed and curled up into it. "You know, there's enough space in it for you too," she meowed to him, before eyeing her twoleg and quickly shoving her head down.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 21st, 2016, 08:31 PM
The twoleg nodded, finally setting Gem down. She immediately dashed to her bed and curled up into it. "You know, there's enough space in it for you too," she meowed to him, before eyeing her twoleg and quickly shoving her head down.
Shadow stood and took two steps and laid in her den. "I'm sleeping in that chair if it's the last thing I do."

Maplefur
November 21st, 2016, 08:34 PM
Shadow stood and took two steps and laid in her den. "I'm sleeping in that chair if it's the last thing I do."

Gem snorted. "What's so special about that chair?" she murmured quietly, ears pricked as her twoleg shuffled around the room, finally flickering off the lights. Her twoleg called out, in their nightly routine, and Gem answered. "Goodnight!" She called out, still not moving, and breathed a sigh of relief when the twoleg left the room. Creaks were heard moments later, as it walked up the stairs.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 21st, 2016, 08:37 PM
Gem snorted. "What's so special about that chair?" she murmured quietly, ears pricked as her twoleg shuffled around the room, finally flickering off the lights. Her twoleg called out, in their nightly routine, and Gem answered. "Goodnight!" She called out, still not moving, and breathed a sigh of relief when the twoleg left the room. Creaks were heard moments later, as it walked up the stairs.
"I just like sleeping in chairs." He meowed.

Maplefur
November 21st, 2016, 08:38 PM
"I just like sleeping in chairs." He meowed.

Gem blinked. "Why sleep in a chair when you have a cozy bed? The fuzz on this thing is so comfy, if I close my eyes and pretend, it can feel like there's a cat besides me!"

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 21st, 2016, 08:41 PM
Gem blinked. "Why sleep in a chair when you have a cozy bed? The fuzz on this thing is so comfy, if I close my eyes and pretend, it can feel like there's a cat besides me!"
"Well there is one now." He purred.

Maplefur
November 21st, 2016, 08:41 PM
"Well there is one now." He purred.

Gem sighed. "Yeah, this is much better than pretending!"

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 21st, 2016, 08:44 PM
Gem sighed. "Yeah, this is much better than pretending!"
Shadow had fallen asleep.

Maplefur
November 21st, 2016, 08:46 PM
Shadow had fallen asleep.

Gem flicked her eyes to Shadow, smiling. "So much for the chair," she whispered to herself, though she didn't mind. Laying her head back down, she drifted off, purring happily in her sleep.

(Time skip?)

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 21st, 2016, 08:49 PM
Yes)

Maplefur
November 21st, 2016, 09:04 PM
Yes)
(hmmm someone didn't want to start off after the time skip then :laughing:)

The clanging of pots and pans woke Gem up with a start, and she blinked rapidly to clear the sleep from her eyes. She looked besides her at Shadow, smiling. Deciding to let him sleep for now, she gently got out of the bed and moved towards her food dish. It felt like ages since she had last eaten, though it had only been the previous night.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 21st, 2016, 09:12 PM
(hmmm someone didn't want to start off after the time skip then :laughing:)

The clanging of pots and pans woke Gem up with a start, and she blinked rapidly to clear the sleep from her eyes. She looked besides her at Shadow, smiling. Deciding to let him sleep for now, she gently got out of the bed and moved towards her food dish. It felt like ages since she had last eaten, though it had only been the previous night.
Shadow slept through all of this.

Maplefur
November 21st, 2016, 09:14 PM
Shadow slept through all of this.

Gem raised her head from her dish, looking over at the mound of black fur that was her best friend. Pushing away the urge to wake him up, she padded over to her cat door. I really should be letting him sleep... She wasn't sure if he was one of those cats who were grumpy in the morning or not, so she was hesitant to wake him.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 21st, 2016, 09:17 PM
Shadow continued to sleep.

Maplefur
November 21st, 2016, 09:23 PM
Shadow continued to sleep.

Gem slipped out of the house, breathing in the crisp morning air. It was steadily getting cooler everyday. She wondered when she would get to see her first snow, as she had been born at the very end of leaf bare, and by then it was too warm for any to fall.

(Gotta go, see you tomorrow!)

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 21st, 2016, 09:28 PM
Shadow slowly woke up. He looked around, stood up and stretched.

XxEclipseMoonxX
November 21st, 2016, 09:29 PM
Night jumped on the fence, " Hello!" she meowed

Maplefur
November 22nd, 2016, 07:06 AM
Night jumped on the fence, " Hello!" she meowed

Gem looked at the newcomer. "Hi! I'm Gem." She let out a yawn, and shook her head. I wonder when Shadow will wake up.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 22nd, 2016, 07:31 AM
Gem looked at the newcomer. "Hi! I'm Gem." She let out a yawn, and shook her head. I wonder when Shadow will wake up.
Shadow padded out of the small cat door outside. "Morning Gem!" He meowed.

Maplefur
November 22nd, 2016, 07:40 AM
Shadow padded out of the small cat door outside. "Morning Gem!" He meowed.
"Shadow, you're up!" Gem padded over to him and licked his cheek. "Good morning!"

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 22nd, 2016, 07:43 AM
"Shadow, you're up!" Gem padded over to him and licked his cheek. "Good morning!"
Shadow purred and licked her back.

Maplefur
November 22nd, 2016, 07:46 AM
Shadow purred and licked her back.
"So, what do you wanna do today? And this time, you choose!" Gen sat down next to him.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 22nd, 2016, 07:48 AM
"So, what do you wanna do today? And this time, you choose!" Gen sat down next to him.
"Well first," Shadow started. "I gotta go back to my twolegs to let them know that I'm alright."

Maplefur
November 22nd, 2016, 07:51 AM
"Well first," Shadow started. "I gotta go back to my twolegs to let them know that I'm alright."
"Oh, right." His twolegs had completely slipped from Gem's mind.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 22nd, 2016, 07:53 AM
"You wanna come?" He asked, jumping on the fence.

Maplefur
November 22nd, 2016, 08:51 AM
"You wanna come?" He asked, jumping on the fence.
Gem jumped up besides him. "Sure, lead the way!"

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 22nd, 2016, 09:12 AM
Gem jumped up besides him. "Sure, lead the way!"
Shadow jumped off and slowly ran to his house.

Maplefur
November 22nd, 2016, 09:29 AM
Shadow jumped off and slowly ran to his house.
Gem eagerly ran behind him, ears pricked.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 22nd, 2016, 09:34 AM
Gem eagerly ran behind him, ears pricked.
Shadow stopped at his house and entered through the little door in the front.

Maplefur
November 22nd, 2016, 10:27 AM
Shadow stopped at his house and entered through the little door in the front.

Gem slipped in after him, staying by the door and looking around. "Nice!" She exclaimed.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 22nd, 2016, 10:28 AM
Gem slipped in after him, staying by the door and looking around. "Nice!" She exclaimed.
"Not as nice as yours." He said. His twolegs came over to him and said something he didn't know and two of them began rubbing him and the other started rubbing Gem.

Maplefur
November 22nd, 2016, 10:33 AM
"Not as nice as yours." He said. His twolegs came over to him and said something he didn't know and two of them began rubbing him and the other started rubbing Gem.
Gem rolled her eyes. "It's just as nice as mine." She jumped up on the twoleg, rubbing her head into it's hand.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 22nd, 2016, 10:46 AM
The twolegs were having a good petting them both. "Weird. There are usually two more."

Maplefur
November 22nd, 2016, 12:25 PM
The twolegs were having a good petting them both. "Weird. There are usually two more."

Gem blinked. "Maybe they're out?" She suggested.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 22nd, 2016, 12:47 PM
Gem blinked. "Maybe they're out?" She suggested.
"I guess." The twolegs were done and walked away.

Maplefur
November 22nd, 2016, 12:50 PM
"I guess." The twolegs were done and walked away.
Gem padded back to Shadow. "So, now what do you want to do?"

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 22nd, 2016, 12:52 PM
Gem padded back to Shadow. "So, now what do you want to do?"
Shadow walked down the stairs. "I wanna show you my house."

Maplefur
November 22nd, 2016, 12:54 PM
Shadow walked down the stairs. "I wanna show you my house."

Gem dashed after him. "Alright where are we going first?"

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 22nd, 2016, 02:26 PM
Gem dashed after him. "Alright where are we going first?"
Shadow showed him his room. "All this belongs to me."

Maplefur
November 22nd, 2016, 02:30 PM
Shadow showed him his room. "All this belongs to me."

Gem gasped. "Wow, all of it?" She looked around the room, wide eyed.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 22nd, 2016, 03:23 PM
Gem gasped. "Wow, all of it?" She looked around the room, wide eyed.
"Yep." He nodded. "All of it."

Maplefur
November 22nd, 2016, 03:26 PM
"Yep." He nodded. "All of it."

"Oh, how do you ever leave? There's so much to do!" She darted deeper into the room, dashing back and forth to smell every object.
(Oh, and I replied in Pebble's Street Crossings, by the way)

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 22nd, 2016, 03:47 PM
"Oh, how do you ever leave? There's so much to do!" She darted deeper into the room, dashing back and forth to smell every object.
(Oh, and I replied in Pebble's Street Crossings, by the way)
"I know!"

Maplefur
November 22nd, 2016, 03:49 PM
"I know!"

Gem padded back up to Shadow. "Oh, it's wonderful Shadow! I can't believe your twolegs gave you your own room!"

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 22nd, 2016, 04:15 PM
Gem padded back up to Shadow. "Oh, it's wonderful Shadow! I can't believe your twolegs gave you your own room!"
Shadow smiled. "It's nothing. They gave me toys as well." He tossed her a ball of yarn.

Maplefur
November 22nd, 2016, 05:15 PM
Shadow smiled. "It's nothing. They gave me toys as well." He tossed her a ball of yarn.

Gem gave out a squeak, batting at the ball with her paw. As it rolled away, she laughed in delight, then chased after it and continued batting it away.

Ainz Ooal Gown
November 23rd, 2016, 12:22 AM
Gem gave out a squeak, batting at the ball with her paw. As it rolled away, she laughed in delight, then chased after it and continued batting it away.
Shadow began to chase after it as well.