PDA

View Full Version : Shrew's little House (Open)

wickedvirtues
August 23rd, 2017, 07:47 PM
Shrew is a hairless cat.
In detail appearance:
Shrew has no fur on her, and her skin is pink-white with calico markings on it. Her ears are large for her body, and she's lean and fit. Shrew's eyes are vivid green. Her appearance makes her look much older than she is, as she's only about 28 moons. She's sometimes seen in little sweaters to keep her warm, and her collar looks like this (https://i.pinimg.com/736x/4d/b7/22/4db7222dd20535f13732e1178451b0c8--fancy-dog-collars-puppy-collars.jpg).

Starter post:
An odd looking cat was perched on the fence of her two-leg nest, a little blue sweater on her hairless body. Shrew gave a little purr as a nice, cool breeze passed by, and she stood. Her bright eyes gleamed with life, despite looking old due to her appearance. She'd seen cats with fur. Sometimes jealous of the beautiful calico cats or pure whites with glossy pelts. Other times glad of having no fur seeing the mangy alley cats, their fur matted and infested with fleas. She shivered at the thought of not having a nice two-leg den to rest in, she couldn't survive in the wild! Shrew cringed at the thought, having to hunt and not have these nice, soft things her two-leg bought for her. She didn't know what to call them, but she liked them as they kept her warm. Shrew sat up, looking around for someone she could talk to.

(Just hop in!)

bobtail
August 24th, 2017, 09:50 AM
An odd looking cat was perched on the fence of her two-leg nest, a little blue sweater on her hairless body. Shrew gave a little purr as a nice, cool breeze passed by, and she stood. Her bright eyes gleamed with life, despite looking old due to her appearance. She'd seen cats with fur. Sometimes jealous of the beautiful calico cats or pure whites with glossy pelts. Other times glad of having no fur seeing the mangy alley cats, their fur matted and infested with fleas. She shivered at the thought of not having a nice two-leg den to rest in, she couldn't survive in the wild! Shrew cringed at the thought, having to hunt and not have these nice, soft things her two-leg bought for her. She didn't know what to call them, but she liked them as they kept her warm. Shrew sat up, looking around for someone she could talk to.

(Just hop in!)

Lily padded around her garden, bored half to death. The kittypet sighed and trotted over to her fence, crouching and wriggling her haunches before jumping up onto the post. She sat down atop it and looked up and down the street curiously. Her gaze rested on a strange-looking cat a few nests down who appeared to be wearing a Twoleg pelt.

Intrigued by this odd feline, the tabby stood and stretched, digging her claws into the wooden fence. She shook out her tabby pelt and started padding along the fence towards the cat, blue eyes sparkling curiously.

wickedvirtues
August 24th, 2017, 03:56 PM
Lily padded around her garden, bored half to death. The kittypet sighed and trotted over to her fence, crouching and wriggling her haunches before jumping up onto the post. She sat down atop it and looked up and down the street curiously. Her gaze rested on a strange-looking cat a few nests down who appeared to be wearing a Twoleg pelt.

Intrigued by this odd feline, the tabby stood and stretched, digging her claws into the wooden fence. She shook out her tabby pelt and started padding along the fence towards the cat, blue eyes sparkling curiously.

Shrew pricked her large ears, turning to the tabby a few dens down. She stood, giving a little smile. "Hi! I'm Shrew. What's your name?" She asked, envious of her tabby pelt. Just a bit, though. She wasn't the jealous type of cat, mostly, but she also wasn't a pushover. She was glad the cat had come, as she was growing bored seconds ago sitting alone gazing out.

bobtail
August 24th, 2017, 04:14 PM
Shrew pricked her large ears, turning to the tabby a few dens down. She stood, giving a little smile. "Hi! I'm Shrew. What's your name?" She asked, envious of her tabby pelt. Just a bit, though. She wasn't the jealous type of cat, mostly, but she also wasn't a pushover. She was glad the cat had come, as she was growing bored seconds ago sitting alone gazing out.

Lily sat down a few posts away from Shrew, examining her curiously. "My name's Lily. Um... if you don't mind me asking..." Now that she was closer, she could see that Shrew didn't just have a strange pelt colour. She had no pelt at all! Not a single hair, aside from her whiskers. "Why don't you have any fur?"

wickedvirtues
August 24th, 2017, 05:08 PM
Lily sat down a few posts away from Shrew, examining her curiously. "My name's Lily. Um... if you don't mind me asking..." Now that she was closer, she could see that Shrew didn't just have a strange pelt colour. She had no pelt at all! Not a single hair, aside from her whiskers. "Why don't you have any fur?"

"I'm Shrew" she purred, waiting for it to come. Her whiskers, the only hair on her body, twitching and her long slender tail curling around her paws. The cat had a nice pelt, clearly a kittypet as it wasn't mangy and infested with knats like rogues she'd seen before. "I'm not sure, all I know is my parents didn't have any and my two-leg sneezes around cats with fur." She explained with a little shrug.

bobtail
August 25th, 2017, 05:41 AM
"I'm Shrew" she purred, waiting for it to come. Her whiskers, the only hair on her body, twitching and her long slender tail curling around her paws. The cat had a nice pelt, clearly a kittypet as it wasn't mangy and infested with knats like rogues she'd seen before. "I'm not sure, all I know is my parents didn't have any and my two-leg sneezes around cats with fur." She explained with a little shrug.

Lily frowned thoughtfully. "That's strange. My Twoleg can't get enough of my fur. They're always collecting it and putting it in this weird... container." The tabby found herself once again wondering just what happened to her fur. The container disappeared for a while every few days or so, and came back empty. It was definitely strange.

wickedvirtues
August 25th, 2017, 06:31 AM
Lily frowned thoughtfully. "That's strange. My Twoleg can't get enough of my fur. They're always collecting it and putting it in this weird... container." The tabby found herself once again wondering just what happened to her fur. The container disappeared for a while every few days or so, and came back empty. It was definitely strange.

"Twolegs. I'll never understand them." Shrew sighed, rolling her eyes. Her sweater kept her warm, though she didn't fully understand that either. Shrew wasn't too keen on twolegs, but she couldn't survive out in the wild. She was too..fragile, per say.

bobtail
August 25th, 2017, 06:37 AM
"Twolegs. I'll never understand them." Shrew sighed, rolling her eyes. Her sweater kept her warm, though she didn't fully understand that either. Shrew wasn't too keen on twolegs, but she couldn't survive out in the wild. She was too..fragile, per say.

Lily nodded grimly in agreement. "Another thing... why do you wear that Twoleg pelt?" She gestured to the sweater, confused as to why any cat would wear such a thing. Her only guess was that it was warm, but even so, she'd never let one of those things touch her. She was a kittypet now, but even she had her limits.

wickedvirtues
August 25th, 2017, 06:53 AM
Lily nodded grimly in agreement. "Another thing... why do you wear that Twoleg pelt?" She gestured to the sweater, confused as to why any cat would wear such a thing. Her only guess was that it was warm, but even so, she'd never let one of those things touch her. She was a kittypet now, but even she had her limits.

Shrew turned to glance at the fabric. "My twoleg makes me put it on when I go outside the den, for some reason. Warmth, I guess." She mewed, unsure of why she was forced to wear them. They were soft, nice, but kind of weird for a cat.

bobtail
August 25th, 2017, 07:25 AM
Shrew turned to glance at the fabric. "My twoleg makes me put it on when I go outside the den, for some reason. Warmth, I guess." She mewed, unsure of why she was forced to wear them. They were soft, nice, but kind of weird for a cat.

"That would make sense." Lily frowned thoughtfully, tail tip flicking back and forth. "I always get a little colder when I shed, but I warm up again when my fur grows back." A cat with no fur must be freezing! Poor Shrew! She couldn't help thinking.

wickedvirtues
August 25th, 2017, 09:06 AM
"That would make sense." Lily frowned thoughtfully, tail tip flicking back and forth. "I always get a little colder when I shed, but I warm up again when my fur grows back." A cat with no fur must be freezing! Poor Shrew! She couldn't help thinking.

"It's actually pretty soft, so I don't really mind it." She mewed, giving a little shrug. "My twoleg seems to have a little stash of them." She giggled, rolling her eyes slightly. She had many bright colors and patterns for the sweaters, which she really didn't understand.

bobtail
August 25th, 2017, 09:39 AM
"It's actually pretty soft, so I don't really mind it." She mewed, giving a little shrug. "My twoleg seems to have a little stash of them." She giggled, rolling her eyes slightly. She had many bright colors and patterns for the sweaters, which she really didn't understand.

"That sounds... nice." Lily glanced back her Twoleg nest thoughtfully. As far as she could tell, Twolegs kept kittypets to look at them. And they clearly had an obsession with their fur, so it made sense that they'd give their own pelts to a cat without one. And even she understood that the same thing got boring after a while.

wickedvirtues
August 25th, 2017, 10:57 AM
"That sounds... nice." Lily glanced back her Twoleg nest thoughtfully. As far as she could tell, Twolegs kept kittypets to look at them. And they clearly had an obsession with their fur, so it made sense that they'd give their own pelts to a cat without one. And even she understood that the same thing got boring after a while.
"It's pretty decent." Shrew giggled, shrugging. Twolegs were weird for sure. They were hairless, apart from their heads, like Shrew. They walked on too, large, awkward paws, they spoke a weird way, and they liked [B]dogs[/N]! That was the one Shrew was the most dumbfounded about. How could anything ever like one of those yappy, weird things?