PDA

View Full Version : Rainflower Did NOT Abandon Crookedkit...

Lawlipop
August 22nd, 2017, 01:31 AM
Oh boy do people like to blast Rainflower on how she behaved towards Crookedkit and his injury with giving him a cruel new name, giving him his own nest, etc. Why did she do this? Most people you ask this to, you might hear them say "She abandoned him because of he was ugly." She may have complained about it once, but that was not why she turned her back on him.

Rainflower treated Crookedkit the way he did is because he is the walking, living, breathing representation of her mistakes. Before he got the accident, before he was renamed, Stormkit was a reckless kit, doing things most queens would scold their kits for, yet Rainflower continuously praised him for being a brave kit until the point his jaw got messed up. His jaw was not a way to punish Stormkit for his actions, but for Rainflower who encouraged this behavior and in the end, got her kit hurt. She pushed him away, not abandoned, because she does know want to own up to her faults. She does not want to admit, she's the true reason he is like this. She clings on more to Oakkit because she is worried something will happen to him as well and gets more strict on his behavior to prevent on making the same mistake once. She tells him that he won't be as good as Oakheart as an apprentice because even after the incident, he still has that reckless, rebel behavior Rainflower encouraged and won't excell to being a great warrior if he continues to be like that.

Towards the end of Rainflower's life before she dies, she does start to see the potential in Crookedjaw that she never saw before. She still does not admit it, but there is tid bits of admittance from her that is easily hard to miss. And the reason she isn't at Crookedstar's leader ceremony is because of her fear of him resenting her. And in the end, after Crookedstar joins StarClan, it has been confirmed that she made amends with him.

So in short, she pushed him away due to her own fault and fears, not because he was ugly

Bracken12
August 28th, 2017, 04:17 PM
okay, you make good points, but I think she was not a very good mom for even letting him get away with all that in the first place... And let's not forget that it was GOOSEFEATHER that made him get hurt in the first place. And don't get me started on Millie....

Millie is an annoying, stupid, pathetic lump of fur who doesn't even deserve amazing, lovable, fluffy Graystripe, she should have been killed of when Hollyleaf killed Ashfur. she's also the reason Blossomfall has mental issues,because we all know she does. And she's the reason Briarlight has confidence problems, and she's also the one who all named her kits with names that start with 'B' and have 'l' somewhere in the name- the sins of Millie
sorry to whoever likes Millie

Splash
August 28th, 2017, 04:19 PM
She was no longer his mother; she was his enemy, she was the bully. I think that counts as abandoning.

wren
August 28th, 2017, 04:23 PM
It's like court, defendants and such. Haha

Goosefeather may have been insane but that's just cause he's old.
I liked hmm to be quite honest, he may have not helped leopardfoot in the birth of her kits but I mean he knew tigerkit was going to become... Yeah. He was foreshadowing what an evil babe he was going to grow into.

And seriously, nobody even talk about thistleclaw and bluefurs hatred.
I understand why thistleclaw hates bluefur, he not only lost his sister much like bluefur had and lost his mate as well. Both cats had equal loss until
She left her kittens and ended up leading mosskit to her death and abandoning oakfur and her kits.

Bracken12
August 28th, 2017, 04:31 PM
It's like court, defendants and such. Haha

Goosefeather may have been insane but that's just cause he's old.
I liked hmm to be quite honest, he may have not helped leopardfoot in the birth of her kits but I mean he knew tigerkit was going to become... Yeah. He was foreshadowing what an evil babe he was going to grow into.

And seriously, nobody even talk about thistleclaw and bluefurs hatred.
I understand why thistleclaw hates bluefur, he not only lost his sister much like bluefur had and lost his mate as well. Both cats had equal loss until
She left her kittens and ended up leading mosskit to her death and abandoning oakfur and her kits.

yeah, but didn't PINESTAR, Tigerkit's daddy, know he was to be evil, and did nothing? And isn't that what made Tigerclaw evil in the first place? And, yeah, thistleclaw truly did love Snowfur, and was horrorfied to find out she was dead. And didn't he even get to go to Starclan until Blue chased him out? I still don't see how Ashfur got into starclan.... but there is this one weird fanfiction that covers BluefurxThistleclaw.... it's weird.... Almost as weird as Spottedleaf's Heart, which seeing the name, i thought would cover her relationship with Firestar, and how much of a stalkerleaf she was..

Role
August 28th, 2017, 04:33 PM
Silentshade
Royal
Hate to contradict people but...
Goosefeather was insane because of his curse. He was haunted with the visions of the future and the inability to stop the tragedies coming. He could never tell anyone because he was taught not to, as they would see he was insane. Thus, he acted out instead of flat out saying he's seen the future. He says he has 'visions' (which he has but normal Medicine Cat visions don't stretch too far into the future) and those take him for insane because of his impulsive worrying. He was most likely traumatized by the Leaf-bare without prey in Goosefeather's Curse, and began to have anxiety from then on out.

And Lawlipop I agree! You make a very good point.

Bracken12
August 28th, 2017, 04:35 PM
@Silentshade (http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/member.php?u=2952)
@Royal (http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/member.php?u=413)
Goosefeather was insane because of his curse. He was haunted with the visions of the future and the inability to stop the tragedies coming. He could never tell anyone because he was taught not to, as they would see he was insane. Thus, he acted out instead of flat out saying he's seen the future. He says he has 'visions' (which he has but normal Medicine Cat visions don't stretch too far into the future) and those take him for insane because of his impulsive worrying. He was most likely traumatized by the Leaf-bare without prey in Goosefeather's Curse, and began to have anxiety from then on out.

And @Lawlipop (http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/member.php?u=1802) I agree! You make a very good point. @Role (http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/member.php?u=3213)
I see your point, I suddenly understand Goosefeather a lot more

Role
August 28th, 2017, 04:40 PM
@Role (http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/member.php?u=3213)
I see your point, I suddenly understand Goosefeather a lot more
:D

wren
August 28th, 2017, 06:23 PM
Silentshade
Royal

And Lawlipop I agree! You make a very good point.
yeah, but didn't PINESTAR, Tigerkit's daddy, know he was to be evil, and did nothing? And isn't that what made Tigerclaw evil in the first place? And, yeah, thistleclaw truly did love Snowfur, and was horrorfied to find out she was dead. And didn't he even get to go to Starclan until Blue chased him out? I still don't see how Ashfur got into starclan.... but there is this one weird fanfiction that covers BluefurxThistleclaw.... it's weird.... Almost as weird as Spottedleaf's Heart, which seeing the name, i thought would cover her relationship with Firestar, and how much of a stalkerleaf she was..

Well, that's good enough reason to drive one insane isn't it?

Bracken12
August 28th, 2017, 06:35 PM
Well, that's good enough reason to drive one insane isn't it?

yes....

Crow
August 28th, 2017, 11:04 PM
Lawlipop

sorry to contradict you, but rainflower made that cat's life miserable. after the accident, she made her kit's life a misery. he was seeking acceptance from the cat from whom he needed it most, and instead of giving it to him, his mother bullied him and abandoned him.

he wasn't even allowed to sleep in a nest with her. she continually told him no matter what he did, he would never be as good as his brother. she changed his name without his consent for no reason at all, and every time he was called by name he was reminded of his injuries.

even if he was a reminder of her mistakes, she was his mother. her duty as someone in that role was to make sure her kits felt loved and accepted by her. perhaps looking at him did bring guilt, she was obligated to push those feelings away for the good of her kit. instead, she was unfairly cruel to him. her terrible treatment of him most likely had bad repercussions later on in his life, as those developmental stages are extremely important.

she abandoned him when he needed it most, not because she was trying to teach him a lesson (if she was, why wouldn't she have kept a tighter rein on him instead of letting him do whatever he wanted?), but because she was a bad mother, who could not push away feelings of guilt for the good of her kit.

Zan Partizanne
August 30th, 2017, 10:18 AM
I actually love to hear that RainFlower and CrookedStar made amends!!

Hexict
August 30th, 2017, 12:18 PM
Lawlipop Crow

(back to the topic :p) I can see your point Lawli, but I may have to side with Crow on this one...

If she saw him as her mistake and avoided him as not to remind her, then what would be the point of naming after said mistake? Not only does she not look at him due to his injury, but she named him after it instead of trying to ignore it as people tend to do when they view something as their mistake.

She would hardly acknowledge him, even when he needed someone there for him. She acted as though Oakheart was her only kit while she deliberately pushed Crookedstar aside. She gave him a terribly name despite the fact that he wanted to keep name from birth, she forced him into another nest so that he wouldn't be near her or Oakheart at night. She kept making it obvious how little she cared for him and that he had become nearly nothing to her.

Even if she did see his accident as her mistake, that does not giver her a reason to straight up bully him. She forced him to stay away from the family and didn't really like it when he spent time with Oakheart. She repeatedly told him that Oakheart was the better cat out of them (as Crow had said). Her actions make it seem as though she thought that Crookedstar would never amount to anything due to his injury. That Oakheart would be a better warrior because he didn't have such an injury. She clearly favored his brother and would be motherly and loving to him while she treated Crookedstar coldly and never wanted anything to do with him.

Seriously, the only times she ever bothered with him was simply to bully him... it's as if she was trying to make sure her kits knew where they belong to her.

I actually don't think that his appearance is the only reason she dis-owned him. Of course, she probably didn't like that he had a broken jaw and didn't like looking at him because of it, but one of the biggest reasons was probably because of how highly she viewed Oakheart and believed that Crookedstar would become nothing because of what had happened to him.

To be honest, I could see her thinking that his injury as a mistake - and that would honestly make the plot better - and she just acted this way because she actually is just a terrible cat. Even in your claim, you pointed out how she had abandoned him since she forced him to sleep in a completely different nest and giving him a terribly cruel name and constantly put him down... however she saw him, she did abandon him and not only that but she straight up bullied him and was possibly the worse mother throughout the series for this.

Though like I said, I personally believe it would have been a much better plot, but I just don't believe that's where they were going with that :/ I do think that she may have seen the errors in her ways when she died, which is why they were able to make amends in Starclan... but she was still never there for him when they were alive and he needed her the most.

(sorry for siding with someone else! :heartbounce:)

Marie

I have mixed feelings of them making amends... I feel happy for Crookedstar about it, but I don't believe that Rainflower deserves that since she was absolutely terrible.

Fawn
August 30th, 2017, 12:25 PM
[[don't mind me ignoring the main topic here]]

I kinda scanned this thread and saw a couple folks discontented (or maybe unsettled is a better word) that Crookedstar forgave Rainflower for her arguably atrocious attitude toward him. So this is a reminder to everyone that forgiveness isn't always about the relationship or the other party (i.e. Rainflower, in this case) - forgiveness is sometimes a way of moving on from the past and can be extended for "selfish" reasons. Crookedstar's forgiveness may have had nothing to do with her / her actions; it could have been his method of making amends with a rough history. Forgiveness is a bitter emotion and takes a toll on those who harbor it, and allowing it to someone is an incredibly powerful personal move that not only quells internal turmoil, but can take back control over a damaged relationship.

Zan Partizanne
August 30th, 2017, 12:58 PM
I feel that it is good that CrookedStar forgave RainFlower it showed how despite how horribly she treated him he is still able to show forgiveness and Love to cats who can't, It just shows how great of a cat CrookedStar is.

Hexict
August 30th, 2017, 05:17 PM
Like I said... I am glad that he was able to since it's good for him and I do really like him, but I don't like his mother and I feel as though whether she felt bad for how she treated him in the end, she still didn't care about him for most of his life and bullied him even when he was a young kit.

Their amends is what he deserves, but not her - hence why I have conflicting feelings on the matter :/